PDA

View Full Version : Clothing colours question

Tomcat
01-03-2018, 05:24 PM
What are best colours for dolls to wear permanently ??
Seems black or dark a no go .
So guessing white be best option for permanent .

Dongo
01-03-2018, 09:54 PM
White is a good colour but be careful with wearing permanently. In time things like elastic waist on say panties or bra straps might leave a mark. Its better to inspect and change occasionally.

Tomcat
01-03-2018, 10:08 PM
Thx friend . So basically clothing tempary thing .
So guess anything really loose be ok ?

Karrot
01-03-2018, 10:39 PM
Loose white clothing is the best thing for long term wear. Soft polyester cotton blends are good, nothing course or scratchy.

Over time a TPE girl will leech out oils on to the cloths she wears, this is normal and will wash out of the clothes.

K

Tomcat
02-03-2018, 08:08 AM
Loose white clothing is the best thing for long term wear. Soft polyester cotton blends are good, nothing course or scratchy.

Over time a TPE girl will leech out oils on to the cloths she wears, this is normal and will wash out of the clothes.

K
Brilliant thx :)

Frederick
02-03-2018, 10:25 AM
As I've mentioned many times soaking clothes in cold water with a cup of white vinegar added will set dyes. Avoid cheap Asian made clothes though.

Tamsin has black clothes that she's worn for long periods with no staining.

Also prints don't stain. Printed dresses and tops etc. They use natural dyes plus it's on the outside only.

Tomcat
02-03-2018, 10:28 AM
As I've mentioned many times soaking clothes in cold water with a cup of white vinegar added will set dyes. Avoid cheap Asian made clothes though.

Tamsin has black clothes that she's worn for long periods with no staining.

Also prints don't stain. Printed dresses and tops etc. They use natural dyes plus it's on the outside only.

Having prints be bonus .
Wow white vinegar is amazing for loads things and now this .
So just soak for how long ?
Then dry after ?

Frederick
02-03-2018, 10:40 AM
I usually leave them in to soak for about an hour. Then rinse out and hang to dry.

Tamsin has been with me for three years and has never had a clothing stain.

She had a stain on her bum soon after she arrived from sitting on a chenille armchair but has never been stained by clothes.

Tomcat
02-03-2018, 05:10 PM
I usually leave them in to soak for about an hour. Then rinse out and hang to dry.

Tamsin has been with me for three years and has never had a clothing stain.

She had a stain on her bum soon after she arrived from sitting on a chenille armchair but has never been stained by clothes.

Wow brilliant . 3yrs as well good news .
Hears a question .
Do you have doll out of storage all time ?
Is ok to put them on display etc all time ?
Thx

Frederick
03-03-2018, 08:54 AM
Yes. Tamsin is sitting in her armchair now.

It's best not to leave knees bent for long periods though as it will stress the TPE over the knee. Tamsin sits with her feet up.