PDA

View Full Version : Clearing your cache and Gateway errors.

Cyber Ted
21-07-2018, 05:36 PM
Hi All

Some members have recently been experiencing some errors while accessing the site.

It's possible that a few of these are caused by older cookies or site data stuck in browser caches.

To remove old files try the following:

Firstly make sure you know your login username and password for this site.

To clear this site's stored data in your cache:

In Chrome (While on this site)

Click on the small 'i' contained in a circle, on the left of the url address bar at the top of your screen
A box will open
Click on the hyperlink ' in use' under the heading 'Cookies'
You should see uklovedollforums.co.uk or www.uklovedollforums.co.uk
Select and highlight 'uklovedollforums.co.uk' or 'www.uklovedollforums.co.uk'
Click 'Remove'
Close and reopen your browser
Log back in to the site

In Firefox

Click on the 'Open Menu' Icon at the top right of Firefox.
Select Options
Click on 'Privacy'
In the 'History' section click on 'remove individual cookies'
A box will open.
Scroll down the options until you find uklovedollforums
Select and highlight 'uklovedollforums'
Click on 'Remove Selected' at bottom left
Log back in to the site

Internet Explorer
IE has different methods of clearing cookies depending on the version of IE you are using.

For most modern versions of Internet Explorer click on the 'Tools Icon'
Select Internet Options
On the 'General' Tab under the 'Browsing history' setting, click 'Delete'
A box will open
Tick only the 'Cookies and Website Data' option
Click 'Delete'
Log back in to the site

If all has gone well you should be able to login again and view threads without problems.

CT

waspie
21-07-2018, 06:58 PM
Thanks for the info CT, but for those of us using private browsing and vpns, this isssue still persists. It can only seemingly be cleared if browsing openly and non-securely. Is there a solution for us browsing privately ? All data is cleared and caches report 0 as expected, but still getting 502 when logging out. It isn't a big issue, as cookies work as should in private browsing because of manual cookie whitelists, and sites still operate normally per purge-cacheing. It probably is more likely firefox screwing up as they always do every update :rolleyes:

underherspell
21-07-2018, 07:37 PM
Yup, same as waspie, ok when you clear while logged in then log out, but once you have done a few pages then log out the error is back, also using private browsing with FF, no big deal as said before,

siliconefun
22-07-2018, 10:09 AM
Thanks for sharing CT!!

Haremlover
22-07-2018, 10:53 AM
Thanks so much for tracking down the problem and for giving such clear and easy instructions for the solution.

What you do is really appreciated.

Best wishes

Harem

ARK ANGEL
22-07-2018, 12:31 PM
Don't know if it's the same for my UK or Euro brothers with Firefox, but yes clearing the cachet every time will get a clean log out, but only on the second time after refreshing or reloading from the bookmark, nothing will get a logout on the first attempt.
I'm not fussed at all, it has just become a standard routine to double logout, no biggie, just curious phenomena.

Pete.

needadreamgirl
27-07-2018, 07:38 AM
Hello CT
When I log onto the forum on my IPhone it says on top of the screen WEBSITE NOT SECURE . Is it safe to log in on my phone when it says WEBSITE NOT SECURE , would it create problems for the site if I do ?

algaeholics
27-07-2018, 10:52 AM
Hello CT
When I log onto the forum on my IPhone it says on top of the screen WEBSITE NOT SECURE . Is it safe to log in on my phone when it says WEBSITE NOT SECURE , would it create problems for the site if I do ?

This is a recent Chrome 'feature'.

https://wpism.com/remove-not-secure-warning-chrome/

It's Google's attempt at forcing (encouraging) all websites to have a Security Certificate (SSL) where none may be needed.

Cyber Ted
27-07-2018, 11:01 AM
Yep, algaeholics is correct. There is currently no need for a security certificate on this site, so none has been installed.

You're as safe logging on here as you are on most other sites. It creates no problems for the site. :)

CT

needadreamgirl
27-07-2018, 12:33 PM
Thank you for the replies CT and Algaeholics I was getting a little worried, thank you both again :tu

shamus
22-12-2018, 01:45 PM
Well, guess whats been happening to me again!

Quick update for Firefox users who get the dreaded 502 bad gateway error.

Things have moved around in the options. I'm on V.64, don't know when things actually changed but now to change indovidual cookies.

Open Menu (top right of firefox)
Options (from dropdown)
Privacy and security (left of screen)
Scroll down to History and ensure that it says "Use Custom Settings for History"
Scroll up to "Cookies and Site Data"
Select "Manage Data"
In search box enter "UKLoveDollForums" in the search box
Click the entry/entries and remove selected
Save Changes
Close and reopen Firebox
Wouldn't hurt to also do a CNTL + F5

You should now be OK. All other instructions as per CT's excellentoriginal post