PDA

View Full Version : Cinco De Mayo 1-Day Special!

Sinthetics
05-05-2011, 10:10 PM
Happy Cinco De Mayo everyone! To celebrate and just for fun, we are offering a one-day special. If you have been waiting to place an order, now is the time.

Here's the offer:
Since it's the 5th of May we're offering $500 off any new Sinthetics doll order.

The offer will not be extended and cannot be applied to existing orders. You can deduct the $500 from any part of your order (shipping, upgrades etc).

The order must be in the queue by midnight Pacific Standard Time on May 5th and deposit paid by May 14th 2011.

Happy Shopping and a sneak peek of a new photo set of Monique!
http://images.us.viewbook.com/f51980df20d3a75c12b179f68ec492f1.jpg

DollFin
07-05-2011, 11:28 PM
Too bad that brief discount offer came & went so abruptly, after only one day --it sometimes takes me longer than that to decide on what to commit to of my choice from an anticipated restaurant menu.

➼Just in case a very few of you Brits happen to not be aware, "Cinco de Mayo" is NOT a term referring to a celebratory dish of 5 bangers heavily coated w/mayonnaise. ___ This instead translates from the Spanish (Mexican) language to refer to the popular holiday, the "5th of May", a notable date from 1862 commonly misconstrued as being Mexico's Independence Day (actually Sept. 16, 1810). ___ Aside from being well-celebrated in Mexico, the day is likewise joyously honored in the United States in affirmation of those citizens w/justifiable pride in their Mexican heritage.

The interesting historic significance of Cinco de Mayo is that 8K French troops of what was then the world's most powerful army had invaded Mexico because of international political reasons. ___ They'd ruthlessly kicked their butts so very badly, that the Mexican government itself was on the run. ___ But on that 5th of May, in the city of Puebla, a very poorly equipped Mexican army, w/only half the troops of the French, resoundingly crushed the invaders & reversed their aggressive advance into a cringing retreat. ___ Unfortunately for the Mexicans, the immediate benefits from this unimaginable world-class military victory later lasted for only about a year when then previously-arrived, 30K additional French troops ultimately defeated the Mexican army, captured Mexico City, and, in 1864, establish the Austrian royal Archduke Maximilian I as Emperor of Mexico, quite acquiescent, of course, to his benefactor, Napoleon III of France.

However, 3 years later, the Mexicans finally got the "last laugh", more than moderately due to the previously simultaneously ongoing American Civil War having finally ended. ___ The "Gingos" ("Yanks", to you Brits) were then free to readily render crucial assistance to the Mexicans in order to pugnaciously expel the French; whereafter Maximilian was summarily executed by those very same over which he'd ruled, thus marking closure of the last time that the Americas were ever invaded by a European military force. ___ The passionate, non-stop determination & eventual success of the Mexicans was enormously inspired by that earlier rousing war episode which had occurred on the Cinco de Mayo and was exemplary & foretelling of the resolve of the Mexican people to remain a free, independent nation.

Napoleon III's master plan had earlier included, not only the French conquest & domination of Mexico, but to further use that country as an ample base for providing substantial & significant French military & other vital assistance to the southern Confederate government, recently established prior to that then ongoing American Civil War of dreadful, immense carnage & huge economic losses. ___ A victorious and firmly established Confederate States of America, splintered off from the remaining northern USA, would have markedly halted the latter's ability to continue as a then emerging world power.

So, w/me presently living & residing in New Orleans a 150 years later (a then militarily strategic city captured very early during the American Civil War by the northern Federals), I guess its overdue that I must now admiringly acknowledge & openly display gratitude to that brave group of disadvantaged Mexican soldiers, at that hot little dusty town of Puebla of long ago, for their remarkable outcome & subsequent inspirational national influence which resulted from the Cinco de Mayo battle. ___ Otherwise, an alternate course of those past intermeshing world events could have quite possibly resulted in my indoctrinated singing of the national anthem,"Dixie", and saluting the still familiar "Stars & Bars" flag of the Confederacy.

-Gene

cosycottage
08-05-2011, 02:08 PM
Personally, both Bonesy and I are looking forward to the Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) special! :D