PDA

View Full Version : Buying A doll for uK

darkangel65
04-06-2011, 01:49 PM
I really do like the dolls from Sinthetics....
I am tempted to buy one!!! But a bit worried about customs and such from ordering a doll from USA....If I was to buy a doll it would have to be a Sinthetic.I was wondering if the dolls can be deliverd straight to my door.
also postal charges to uk.
As anyone bought a sinthetic doll yet?and had it deliverd to uk?
Angel:p

SingleDutch
04-06-2011, 03:57 PM
Hi darkangel,

Did you contact themselves ( http://sinthetics.com/contact/) already? You asked questions they can answer and I know that they are really helpful.

Sinthetics
07-06-2011, 01:10 AM
Hello Angel

I'm sorry we didn't see this message sooner. If you're looking for immediate answers, please do email us directly at sales@sinthetics.com, OR give us a shout on our new real-time live chat through the website!

Customs are not a big problem for clients receiving Sinthetics. Our freight forwarders can assist with any concerns although it's actually a very simple process. We can also assist in ground transportation from the airport to your home. Please contact us privately so that we can work out the logistics for you.

darkangel65
07-06-2011, 11:21 AM
Hello Angel

I'm sorry we didn't see this message sooner. If you're looking for immediate answers, please do email us directly at sales@sinthetics.com, OR give us a shout on our new real-time live chat through the website!

Customs are not a big problem for clients receiving Sinthetics. Our freight forwarders can assist with any concerns although it's actually a very simple process. We can also assist in ground transportation from the airport to your home. Please contact us privately so that we can work out the logistics for you.

Thank you for the reply back I will e mail you directly
Angel:)

athlon
23-07-2011, 09:42 PM
Hi Angel

Would be great if you could post updates, am also from the UK, and have to admit that those dolls are quite incredible.

Thanks

Athlon

cosycottage
23-07-2011, 11:46 PM
Yes, let us know if you buy and give us a review.

I really like the look and build quality of the sinthetics girls and it would be great to find out more :)

darkangel65
06-09-2011, 06:56 PM
Im very close to ordering my dream girl soon
I intend to post pictures On the forum of how the doll arrives,Unpacking,
Dressing ect.
Plus I will be using my doll for Retro pin up style photographs with FFnylons,
corsets n Gidels in the future.
stay tuned.

Iloveredheads
06-09-2011, 07:31 PM
Will be following this one with baited breath also, as I really like the look of the Sin girls. Hoping to obtain one also in the not so distant future.

Sinthetics
06-09-2011, 08:17 PM
Just a little update: We shipped a doll to the UK in a very recent delivery group and the client got her delivered to his door. He did not mention any issues with delivery, customs or duties. Seems like she arrived without any problems for him at all. :D

darkangel65
12-09-2011, 07:25 AM
Just a little update: We shipped a doll to the UK in a very recent delivery group and the client got her delivered to his door. He did not mention any issues with delivery, customs or duties. Seems like she arrived without any problems for him at all. :D

Really good news on that..im saving up the total cost and waitig for updates on your gallery page on the body 2d with a tawny head
I like the Monica head and make up in the 2d gallery but just want to see other options before ordering.....plus a picture of the 2d body with breast enlargement would be great...

fogy
21-12-2011, 07:53 AM
these new dolls are fantastic some saving to do now i reckon lol

jayjay
21-12-2011, 04:55 PM
Here's a virtual £8,000 fogy.:):)

Which doll would you buy with it. The whole world is your oyster.:);)

crissman
31-12-2011, 10:30 PM
Does anyone know the customs costs though? Also how to pay them???:o

Wulfie
31-12-2011, 10:41 PM
A lot depends on how much you pay, how it's declared (silicone manniequin or sextoy -2% difference) and where it's from.Inside EU, free providing tax has been paid inside the EU. Depending on your shipping the revenueman shafts you once then the shitty motherf****** postoffice shaft you a 2nd time and hold the package to ransom, if it goes through them, to collect the revenue with their costs on top, door to door shippers will give you a price. China - you'll need to check but I believe you are liable for tax, could be wrong tho.26% on all if you have to pay.

fogy
01-01-2012, 08:54 AM
Well thanks for the doshy lol JAYJAY it will come in handy lol i dont what doll i will get but anything has to be better than HANNAH HARPER mate

cosycottage
01-01-2012, 12:31 PM
Well thanks for the doshy lol JAYJAY it will come in handy lol i dont what doll i will get but anything has to be better than HANNAH HARPER mate

Hey! You leave Hannah out of this! :mad: She's lovely!

:p

Wulfie
01-01-2012, 04:08 PM
Hey! You leave Hannah out of this! :mad: She's lovely!

:p

I inflated her on the riverbank,
my hands were all a quiver,
I gave a cough, her arms fell off
and floated down the river :D

jayjay
01-01-2012, 07:20 PM

:D Looks like it won't be Hannah H then fogy.:D

crissman
01-01-2012, 09:51 PM
Its A sinthetic, coming from USA.

Wulfie
01-01-2012, 09:55 PM
Could be wrong but +26%, whens she due?

Sithlord
02-01-2012, 03:50 PM
Well I think these are the ones for me! After a bit of research, these look decent value for money.

I have the cash now but will spend some time saving and planning etc before taking the plunge. I cannot believe how realistic these are and really look forward to the day I get her.

Anyway it's still a concern of mine purchasing over the Internet especially over a large amount of cash. Get an agent in the Uk as I am sure they will do well!

I think I will give myself a target date of around 6 months in which time I can maybe alleviate my own fears.

Sinthetics
03-01-2012, 09:34 PM
Really good news on that..im saving up the total cost and waitig for updates on your gallery page on the body 2d with a tawny head
I like the Monica head and make up in the 2d gallery but just want to see other options before ordering.....plus a picture of the 2d body with breast enlargement would be great...

I'm sorry for a very delayed reaction on getting this to you. There are several sets of the 2D with enlargement on our site. Check out pictures in the Celeste 2D and Alicia 2D galleries. Here are two photos from those sets:
http://images.us.viewbook.com/c44227cb5767c6ea6ff52831c47e445d.jpg
http://images.us.viewbook.com/3c0eb1d4d227a0497a49f21af8734b44.jpg

Does anyone know the customs costs though? Also how to pay them???:o

Customs from what we're told by UK buyers is about 21% of the commercial invoice value. When the package arrives at the international airport it goes to customs where they process import paperwork. You can either use our shipper or get your own broker to help you, or you can do the paperwork yourself. It's not very complicated. You pay the fee to the customs people and they release the package for home delivery or for you to pick up.

Wulfie
03-01-2012, 10:41 PM
Customs 26% :(:( But 1b Alicia is by far your best, any more than a handful is a waste :)

Alistair
14-01-2012, 06:36 PM
I will be using my doll for Retro pin up style photographs with FFnylons, corsets n Gidels in the future.
stay tuned.

I will!

:)

darkangel65
15-01-2012, 06:19 PM
I'm sorry for a very delayed reaction on getting this to you. There are several sets of the 2D with enlargement on our site. Check out pictures in the Celeste 2D and Alicia 2D galleries. Here are two photos from those sets:
http://images.us.viewbook.com/c44227cb5767c6ea6ff52831c47e445d.jpg
http://images.us.viewbook.com/3c0eb1d4d227a0497a49f21af8734b44.jpg

Customs from what we're told by UK buyers is about 21% of the commercial invoice value. When the package arrives at the international airport it goes to customs where they process import paperwork. You can either use our shipper or get your own broker to help you, or you can do the paperwork yourself. It's not very complicated. You pay the fee to the customs people and they release the package for home delivery or for you to pick up.

would prefer the option of just paying everything up front and having delivery straight to my door..I gather you can sort this all out for a u k customer.

fogy
16-01-2012, 08:07 AM
Hi Jay sorry i have only just spotted you poem how funny i laughed and laughed cheered an old widow bloke up just the job lol

6uldv8
18-01-2012, 03:00 AM

Very funny joke..well done. laughed my head off

jayjay
18-01-2012, 03:39 PM
Oh yeah, I see now, Wulfie's words of wisdom.;) Very good though.:D

Wulfie
18-01-2012, 03:47 PM
Oh yeah, I see now, Wulfie's words of wisdom.;) Very good though.:D

Must apologise for that one :o, posted elsewhere I thought on a thread where certain dolls were losing there arms :)

jayjay
18-01-2012, 03:58 PM
I know exactly what you mean.No appologies needed Wulfie. ;)

I don't know much about them, but I'll take your word for it, as an officer and a gentleman:D that you're absolutely right.:)

Sinthetics
19-01-2012, 09:18 PM
would prefer the option of just paying everything up front and having delivery straight to my door..I gather you can sort this all out for a u k customer.

We cannot arrange customs for you because those are our of our control. You have to handle the customs with your local government. It's not a difficult process - we've had no clients who have had trouble with customs. As for home delivery, we can and do arrange that, but customs happens in the middle. Please email us directly for more information: sales@sinthetics.com

SDL
15-02-2012, 10:46 AM
Having done some research over the last few months, here's a rough idea of how I believe it works.

Customs duty is worked out on - doll price + shipping costs.
Import tax is worked out on - doll price + shipping costs + customs duty.

Customs duty can be from 0% - 85% but is usually between 5% and 9%.
Import tax is the same as VAT at 20%.

So....using Xe.com for currency conversion and for this example 7% customs duty, here's a rough total.
I'll use the Alicia 1H example http://sinthetics.com/gallery/alicia/alicia-1h/ and the top 'buy this version' which is $5700.00 plus shipping $800

doll + shipping costs
£3,632 + £510 = £4,142

now add the customs duty at 7%, (doll + shipping) = £290
£4,142 + £290 = £4,432

now add import tax 20%, (doll + shipping + customs duty) = £887
£4,432 + £887 = £5,319

So the total cost would be £5,319

One other thing about customs duty and import tax, and I'll show you by extreme example.
You purchase your doll in January $5,000 (£2,500) while the exchange rate is £1 = $2.
She arrives in the UK in March and the exchange rate is now £1 = $1, you'd pay the customs and tax at the March rate.
So instead of paying x% of £2,500 as it was in January, you pay x% of £5,000 as it is in March.

Alistair
18-03-2012, 08:55 PM
Is there any way the exchange rate can be predicted?

Sinthetics
21-03-2012, 08:12 PM
Is there any way the exchange rate can be predicted?
Unfortunately not, especially with the volatile markets at the moment. It's just luck of the draw, although the Pound has consistently been stronger than the Dollar for more than 5 years.

You can check current conversion rates here: http://www.xe.com/ucc/

crissman
27-06-2012, 08:15 PM
The calculation is very accurate, my customs fee was around £550.00 in Jan.

darkangel65
08-07-2013, 05:38 PM
Thank you very much I have found this very usefull t,o work out my total cost
Cheers:tu:b