PDA

View Full Version : how much would a real doll cost in uk money?

hallman
28-11-2011, 04:28 PM
the only sites i see on the internet tell you how much they cost in dollers. and is there a uk site that sells them?

Samurai
28-11-2011, 04:42 PM
Hi hallman .:)

Nope none in the Uk, there are a lot of factors to take into account like shipping,vat & custom tax and offcourse the price of the doll.

Best to use a currency converter like http://www.xe.com/ucc/

So a realdoll $6000 = £3867 + shipping + import tax and vat ? = probably £5000+

:eek:

Wulfie
28-11-2011, 05:15 PM
As Sam says, nobody across here markets RealDolls.:(
Dreamdolls have various outlets outside of Switzerland ( just shows the Swiss make other things than penknives and chocky:p) but none of the top US makers have bothered to expand here, suppose because they have a large captive home market :mad:
Lovehoney knocks out inflatables and TBs but should they ever market RealDoll the price I imagine would be horrendous :(

jayjay
28-11-2011, 06:52 PM
Amazingly enough, the price of real dolls has stayed basically very static over the years.

Abyss obviously know their business and which countries their sales are high in, on those grounds it doesn't look like there's enough business to generate building a factory here in the UK. Maybe they could try some sort of business outlet here though? If we want a brand new real doll it looks like we'll just have to stump up and pay import and all the other duties.

the only sites i see on the internet tell you how much they cost in dollers. and is there a uk site that sells them?

Samurai's spot on, with his post hallman. Maybe if you want a real doll you could search high and low for a second hand one here in the UK. Good luck.:)

Everhard
02-12-2011, 07:30 PM
Hi hallman .:)

Nope none in the Uk, there are a lot of factors to take into account like shipping,vat & custom tax and offcourse the price of the doll.

Best to use a currency converter like http://www.xe.com/ucc/

So a realdoll $6000 = £3867 + shipping + import tax and vat ? = probably £5000+

:eek:

Correct. About £5,000 all in. My Rebecca cost that in 2000 and they cost about the same today. (I guess they are cheaper in real terms now because of inflation.)