PDA

View Full Version : Buying a Sinthetic.

muzza
26-12-2011, 03:35 AM
So, you like the look of a Sinthetic doll (manikin) and thinking of buying. Here is what you may expect.
(From personal experience).

You log in to their website and go carefully through the galleries and FAQ. If you have any questions or queries and they are online you can ask there and then for an answer. If they are not online you can send an eMail and get a response, usually within 24 hours depending on weekends / public holidays.
Be specific & as detailed as necessary with your query. No one can second guess what you may or may not be asking if it is too general.
Back at the website you go through the options - again carefully - and pick those that you like to design your doll. You can always edit choices right up until the beginning of production, and even a little bit beyond for some.
I have found with all my dolls it is better not to stray too far from a gallery or forum album photo that you really like as first choice. Even if you were to pick identical features and options it will not be identical as every doll is individual, handmade and unique. And making a whole lot of totally different combinations not seen in photos, based on apparent personal individually preferred items, may not produce the 'overall' effect you wanted. Bear in mind your design cannot be tested for the overall effect until she is made, and then it is too late to make changes.

OK, so now you are ready to proceed.
So you send your order and receive an eMail back detailing your order and an Invoice.
You have asked what the delivery time is and been advised 'X weeks'. The time starts from their receipt of your deposit. In my case I was advised six weeks and my Sinthetic was sent exactly six weeks, later. Because of international travel, customs clearance and local haulage I actually received her 7 weeks after ordering.

Once you have paid your deposit (or the full amount from the start, as in my case as I had every confidence), the waiting starts.
There will be more questions, queries, requests and possibly changes and things you had not thought of. As above, you make contact with Sinthetics and, as above, you may generally expect an answer in 24 hours with courtesy, helpfulness, friendliness and advice should you need it.
Be advised though that if you chop and change to much it may incur some delay.
I also suggest you call them on the phone. Hearing an actual voice in real time will provide a greater confidence, peace of mind and insight.
It is not a bad idea to make a stand for your doll during this waiting time. Buy a few outfits perhaps but go easy. It is better to judge what suits after your manikin arrives.

You pay the balance as required.

And then she is being made and you are getting pretty darn excited.
An eMail arrives with the shipping details or whatever arrangement you have made. It includes detailed instructions of what to do when the package arrives, clear and concise.
My advice is to follow those instructions carefully, especially if this is your first doll.
You may expect to receive a few photos showing your doll ready to be packed and leave the studio.
Once the package is sent your doll is out of Sinthetic hands and the rest is up to you and the carrier.

It was my experience that the whole process was professional, friendly, courteous, helpful and, above all, completely ethical.

After dealing with the customs, clearance and forwarding issues. BTW, for Australia this cost me around $1071.00 AUD (probably cheaper in a Capital City), your manikin ARRIVES.

I have placed some photos with comments in my ODC gallery for anyone interested in regard to the unpacking. http://www.ourdollcommunity.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=488
They are in order if you have the right setting.

Cheers

muzza (satisfied customer)

darkangel65
26-12-2011, 03:24 PM
Thanks Muzza for the informative post..I cannot wait to order when I have the cash ready.

jayjay
26-12-2011, 07:36 PM
Yup, a very informative, detailed post, thanks muzza.:)

Camp
26-12-2011, 07:49 PM
Thanks Muzza

I'm glad my Sinth will be a domestic delivery...

Yikes on the extra expense. :eek:

Fuzzy78
27-12-2011, 12:26 AM
great review thanks muzza

jayjay
27-12-2011, 06:40 PM
great review thanks camp#

I think you mean Muzza?:confused:

Either way you're right, great review, agree Furball.:):)

Fuzzy78
28-12-2011, 08:37 PM
#

I think you mean Muzza?:confused:

Either way you're right, great review, agree Furball.:):)

ehh yeah really imbarrising i was watching a show and had read camps post in this topic last and meant to write muzza, but i kind of didn't...

sorry

jayjay
29-12-2011, 06:40 PM
I wouldn't give it a second thought, :)I only mentioned it because Camp has a Sinthetic on order, and thought I must have missed his post about him getting the doll and posting a review.

Fuzzy78
29-12-2011, 06:50 PM
jayjay as far as i know camp has only paied the deposit and not yet the entire doll :)

Camp
29-12-2011, 11:48 PM
Folks.

This topic should be a sticky.

Muzza has posted a step by step tutorial on purchasing and receiving a doll from Sinthetics.

This is valuable info, especially since it deals with a purchase made out of the United States.

and yes, I have a deposit on a Sinthetic Doll, it will be my 6th silicone doll, and I am extremely excited.

I was fortunate enough to debut the Sinthetic Body B2D to the World at DollLAPalooza last Summer.

It will be an honor and a pleasure to show my Sinthetic Doll to the UKLDF when I complete the transaction soon.

cosycottage
30-12-2011, 12:03 AM
I was fortunate enough to debut the Sinthetic Boby

Hee hee freudian slip.... what were you thinking of, Camp?

(. ) ( .)

:p

Camp
30-12-2011, 01:44 AM
ugh!... corrected !