PDA

View Full Version : E-Ciggarettes

Loverboy
02-04-2012, 10:39 AM
Hi guys, do any of you smoke? With the horrendous price of ciggy's i am thinking of getting an electronic ciggy.
Have any of you guys tried one and are they any good?
I even hear that they are going to ban smoking from your own car!
I found an ad in the newspaper for E-lites. Also with a red hot Italian to take care off i will have to cut down!
L.B

bobinlondonuk
02-04-2012, 11:04 AM
you tried roll up's mate!? Converted to them a year ago now. Smoke Golden Virginia. I save 80% now.... Had a proper cig the other week and thought - Wow I prefer roll up's!

No idea on the e cig though.... Isnt that a vapourizer?

Loverboy
02-04-2012, 11:31 AM
I smoke Amber Leaf or Jps roll ups, but even they are pricey now, unless you go to Belgium, Tobbacco Alley. I used to go on a regular basis, but cannot afford it anymore. All i know is that E-ciggs contain nicotine.
L.B

Wulfie
02-04-2012, 02:07 PM
If you sit down and work out how much you spend on baccy, papers, matches or lighters, trips to purchase ect for a year and then look at what sort of doll you could have.
Philistine got his Pris that way if I remember rightly.
I packed in some years ago after using nicorette inhalers, ok you look a divvy with a tampon applicator in your mouth ( you get used to concealing in the palm of your hand) but it works.
Simplezzz.:)

Loverboy
02-04-2012, 02:58 PM
There was a special offer in the paper for E-Lights starter kit. Apparantly they are supposed to taste like Marlboro lights. The kit should be with me by Wednesday, so i'll let you guys know how i get on.
L.B

philinotstine
02-04-2012, 11:19 PM
There was a special offer in the paper for E-Lights starter kit. Apparantly they are supposed to taste like Marlboro lights. The kit should be with me by Wednesday, so i'll let you guys know how i get on.
L.B

Like Wulfie said i got pris with a loan equivalent to a years ciggie money. Before i quit i tried the e-cigs it is vapour theyre ok. some landlords let u use em in pubs some dont. much cheaper than the real thing.

jayjay
02-04-2012, 11:31 PM
Will power is the answer, but if something psychological, such as patches or E-Ciggarettes, helps you give up then it's all for the good of your health.:) I believe ther's a call line to assist people wanting to give up. One of the best ways is to take it ten minutes at a time, that's what they tell people at AA.;)

I hope you don't need it but good luck.

Samurai
05-04-2012, 11:46 AM
So how are you coping with these electronic ciggyies LB

Loverboy
05-04-2012, 01:31 PM
Hi mate, i got the kit yesterday and am charging her up as we speak, i'm puffing on a tailor made at the moment, before my bed time, but before that i'm gonna take another peek at my gorgeous, hot, sultry, demure, rip your pants off MARIA.
L.B

revoL annaerB
12-06-2012, 11:38 PM
I've had my e-cig for a while now and it is good. I got mine from Freedomvape.co.uk and it's stronger than most of the supermarket ones, also over 100 flavours to choose from. I love the mint flavour from Liberty flights and the banana from freedomvape...you can also get things like chicken or whisky!?! Never thought of trying a savoury in a vape, just doesn't sound right.

The thing with e-cigs is that you still get the nicotine hit without all the nasty chemicals and poisons in cigs, while nicotine is a poison to drink it's too small a dose when vaping or smoking to do any harm...it's all the other crap that does the harm such as tar. There is also the drastic saving financially when you buy a 5ml bottle of e-liquid for around 3 quid which will last most people about a week or more.

If anyone is interested in more info let me know and I'll do a more in-depth write up also with codes to save a few quid from Liberty flights and possibly freedomvape, not sure if I've got one for them.

Hope yours is going well, good luck.

Loverboy
13-06-2012, 04:26 AM
Welcome to the forum. It's not bad and the kit was on special offer. I still find myself smoking normal fags as well. The flavour it a bit crap. I started with the regular and then moved to the menthol flavour, but that's not too great either. I'll have to check your website out. 100 flavours sounds interesting! My Girlfriend Maria does not really like me lighting up, she says it's bad for my health and not good for her plush skin, although i never smoke around her.
L.B

philinotstine
13-06-2012, 08:18 PM
Hi, Loverboy. I find a lot depends on how long youve been smoking and what is your daily intake. Loads of people who smoked 10 or less a day for a couple of years tell you how easy it was to quit. "oh, all it takes is will-power". Well its a lot harder for a 30+ year smoker on 40 cigs a da I can tell you. Not all of us have great will-power so we need a little help. I tried nic patches (failed) c gum (failed) Willpower (failed miserably). Eventually i found this help to quit program through my gp and did a 12 week course on a prescribed drug called "champix ". I quit for over 18 months and as documented bought my realdoll from the equivalent cash id have spent on cigs in a year. However... wont go into whys n wherefores but like an idiot i started back on the demon weed 3 weeks ago. AARRRGGHHH! Anyway, i got an e-cig yesterday and am planning to ween myself back off the real thing day by day. I wish you luck whatever path you choose mate.

Loverboy
13-06-2012, 11:15 PM
I started smoking when i was 18. I normally smoke around 20 a day. I have tried to quit 5 times using various methods, the patches being the most helpful.
I have never tried Champix, is it a tablet? How does it work? The main problem that i had when quitting was that i was eating too much. I think putting the money aside for a doll is a great idea! Did it take you a long time?
L.B

philinotstine
13-06-2012, 11:24 PM
Champix is a prescription only tablet and it can have side-effects on some people. i worked out how much i would have spent on cigs for a year and got a loan. it was probably the equivalent of 18 months worth with the interest. i finish paying it off in september. id only seen realdolls at the time so ordered mine long before i even knew about the other options such as tb,s. very happy with my pris and its our 1st aniversary in a couple of weeks

revoL annaerB
18-06-2012, 01:53 AM
The response from non-smokers to my e-cig is all positive, the vapour is far more pleasant and far less off-putting than smoke. I love the mint flavour which is better than menthol. I admit that sometimes I want to smoke a real fag but more often than not the e-cig does the job just fine.

If anyone is interested mine is a Riva 510 and I use a low resistance atomizer because it gives a stronger throat hit and better taste. The ecig is from Freedomvape and the mint flavoured liquid is from Liberty flights. Another advantage is that it's an 1100mah battery compared to the usual 180mah...lasts so much longer.

Reviews can be found all over youtube.

I don't consider it to be packing in smoking, just an alternative and cheaper way of getting my nicotine fix.

Congrats to Philinotstine, sounds like a great use for the money you were spending on fags!

Loverboy, my brother tried the cigarette flavoured liquid and he said it was horrible...trust me, the other flavours like mint, banana or caramel are far better.

They don't suit everyone but I've 'converted' a few people now just by letting them have a try on mine and two of those were old ladies who had been smoking pretty much all their adult lives and now they are down to a couple a day along with their ecigs.

Loverboy
18-06-2012, 08:22 AM
Thanks for the info. I use E-lights. Only 3 flavours, Regular, Menthol and Light. It was on special in a newspaper. To be honest yours sounds much better! I fancy the caramel. I am very interested and am going to have a look at the website in my library. Can you give me any advice on which one to get. I smoke about 20 a day and like a good throat hit like yourself!
Thanks
L.B

revoL annaerB
18-06-2012, 08:53 AM
To keep things simple I've put links to the exact equipment I bought...
Ego/Riva Starter kit (http://freedomvape.co.uk/shop/article_10/Ego_Riva-Starter-Kit--XL.html?shop_param=cid%3D2%26aid%3D10%26)

It says plus shipping but the shipping is free, they have moved to Spain but still don't take too long for delivery.

I've got to go to work now but I'll put more links, info and advice later.

Loverboy
18-06-2012, 10:58 AM
I have had a quick look on my mobile internet and the amount of flavours look great! My set did not come with any liquid. It came with ready filled containers that you put into one end of the E-ciggy. My E-ciggy came in two parts, one is the battery and the other part screws together. If you look on the E- light website you will see what i mean. Does the kit come with instructions and a case to carry the E-cigg in? I am very interested in ordering one. How long does the iiquid last? Should i order 30ml or 50ml, any flavours to reccomend? I love most of the candy shop flavours! Does the chocolate taste like chocolate? I also like caramel and ice cream and candy floss and Marshmellow! Goodness the list goes on! Thankyou for sharing this with us! I will not order until i get more advice from your good self!
L.B

revoL annaerB
18-06-2012, 08:26 PM
I have had a quick look on my mobile internet and the amount of flavours look great! My set did not come with any liquid. It came with ready filled containers that you put into one end of the E-ciggy. My E-ciggy came in two parts, one is the battery and the other part screws together. If you look on the E- light website you will see what i mean. Does the kit come with instructions and a case to carry the E-cigg in? I am very interested in ordering one. How long does the iiquid last? Should i order 30ml or 50ml, any flavours to reccomend? I love most of the candy shop flavours! Does the chocolate taste like chocolate? I also like caramel and ice cream and candy floss and Marshmellow! Goodness the list goes on! Thankyou for sharing this with us! I will not order until i get more advice from your good self!
L.B

Okay...I'll answer one part at a time...
It did come with instructions but it missed a point or two to remember which I'll get to in a moment.
The build is very similar to yours, you screw the atomizer onto the battery, the cone onto the battery and this covers the atomizer so it's more aesthetically pleasing and plug the cartridge into the end of the atomizer so it sticks out of the cone at the top. Before putting the cartridge in it needs to be filled with e-liquid, this is easy...there is some wadding in the cartridge which is where you put the liquid, the first time an atomizer is used you must put a drop or three straight into the atomizer as it takes too long for the liquid in the cartridge to wick down to the coil in the atomizer in the first place. Then press the button and take the vapour into your mouth as you would with a ciggie...although there is no resistance so it is done slower so as to increase the vapour/air mix otherwise you can end up with too weak a mix in your mouth and not get much of a 'hit'. Sometimes I press the button for a second or two before putting it to my mouth simply to heat the coil and increase the vapour production...to each his(or her) own.

The bottles of e-liquid have a drip tip to make it easier to drip into the cartridge....some people prefer to 'drip' which means discarding the cartridge and using a drip tip...simply put, it's an open mouthpiece which you pull off, drip two or three drops directly into the atomizer, replace and vape until it starts to taste dry or a slightly burnt taste, then repeat...two or three drips is equivalent to roughly a ciggie.

This kit doesn't include a case but you can either order one from their site or do what I do which is use either a glasses case or a cheapo PSP case from Poundland(if you have one in your area).

A small 5ml bottle of e-liquid should last at least a week but this differs from one person to another, if you are a chain smoker then it'll be far lower than if you smoke 20 or less a day, also some people only take a small 'hit' where others take more in the mouth for that big 'hit'. The best thing to do in my humble opinion is try two or three flavours at 5ml, 18mg(this is pretty much the same as general cigarettes even though it sounds high), that way you get to try different flavours at a small expense and if you don't like one you haven't wasted much...another advantage of dripping, you can change flavour quickly without having to squeeze out the wadding and refill with a different flavour.

OK, the flavours....I haven't tried them all but I can say about the ones I have tried.
Mint choc chip(Totally Wicked) did have a minty chocolaty flavour but I found it to be one I couldn't vape all day, kind of like an occasional vape...
Mint(Liberty flights) is my all time favourite, it's fresh and minty and gives a nice throat hit,
Banana(Freedomvape) is really bananery(banana-like?!?) and is my second fave,
Apple pie(not sure where from, my brother gave me some to try, it's okay but too much like vaping pastry with a tiny apple taste,
Orange(Liberty flights) is okay but would probably go well mixed with some chocolate, kinda giving an orange aero type flavour.
Strawberry doesn't have a strong flavour or throat hit,
Caramel is a nice warm and sweet vape,
Spearmint is just like spearmint, I personally prefer the fresh mint mentioned above but that's just me, if you like spearmint then go for it.

I think that's about it, the Riva/Ego 510 has moved away from e-cigs looking like normal cigs which suits me better, if you are in a company vehicle it is illegal to smoke so there is less chance of someone reporting you, I heard a story of someone using one of the imitations and getting reported, he couldn't prove that at that time he was using an e-cig so he got fined! Also people often get really curious when they see you using it, so many people don't know much about them yet.

My brother has had issues with some e-liquid he got from 'Cloud9 vaping', he and a customer of mine both had a bloated sensation from it so I personally recommend the companies I've mentioned above, no issues from them.

I am no expert and my experience may differ from others, I know what I know and that's it.

Sometimes you do get some leakage from the atomizer but it stays inside the cone, just wipe it off with some tissue and whenever you take the battery off just wipe the contacts as well as occasionally liquid can get to them, wouldn't want you shorting out the battery.

The atomizers are a coil which heats up by the battery so they don't last forever, my first one lasted over 6 months and I changed to a Bulli-smoker but that's for another post and at the moment you can't get them, don't know if he'll be making them anymore. For a better throat hit you can get low resistance atomizers but they burn out quicker because they get hotter. The batteries eventually lose power storage just like any rechargeable battery but mine is over a year old and still going strong.

If I think of anything else or you have any other question I'll do another post, this one is long enough already!!! Sorry about that.

Hope you enjoy it when you get one.

revoL

Loverboy
18-06-2012, 10:27 PM
Thanks for the info! I will probably order one at the end of the month. Seems like an interesting hobby. I think i will go for caramel flavour or chocolate. I will let you know how i get on. Thanks again!
L.B

Samurai
24-06-2012, 06:35 PM
Just sent away for mine :rolleyes: There was an ad in the sun newspaper 19.99 for a starter pack and i thought what the hell.:cool:

revoL annaerB
24-06-2012, 08:50 PM
Good luck, Sam, hope it goes well.

I don't know anything about the ones advertised in the daily s**t sheets so I have no opinion or knowledge to advise on. Hope it's a good one though.

One thing I can say is when it's dry you could put some of the other flavoured liquid in and re-use the pre-filled cartridge rather than throwing it away! A small bottle is only about three quid.

Samurai
24-06-2012, 10:54 PM
Cheers revol :) Its the same ome loverboy has.

http://www.e-lites.co.uk/e200-electronic-cigarette-kit.html

:cool:

Loverboy
25-06-2012, 07:30 AM
I had no idea that you were a smoker! How many do you smoke a day? Good luck with your E-lights kit. You may need to purchasd a USB charger plug as mine did not come with one. You need a USB port to plug the ciggy in to. Let us know what you think. You should check out the other sites mentioned by our friend, the flavours are amazing!
L.B

Loverboy
01-07-2012, 09:19 AM
How are you finding your E-Lights kit? Do you find it helpful, what do you think of the taste? To be honest i could not get used to the regular, so i purchased some menthol which was not much better.
L.B

Samurai
01-07-2012, 07:05 PM
Hi LB, i got my kit on Thursday and to be honest the Jury is still out :rolleyes:

It's ok and i guess it kind of works, its probably just getting used to it.

I smoke Menthol and thats what i ordered though its more of a mint flavour than anything else, but its early days yet and i am saving a bit on buying ciggies :D but nothing beats the real thing, like most things in life. ;)

:)

Loverboy
02-07-2012, 04:39 PM
I think the menthol is the best one. I am thinking of purchasing a Liberty Flights with some Caramel flavour E-liquid or some other sweet delights. I am going to finish my stash of Amber leaf first. Maybe if i can try a sweet taste, then i can dump my addiction alltogether.
L.B

Wulfie
05-07-2012, 06:11 PM
Just a slight health warning if you take one on a coach :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16dmJoXy_k4&feature=relmfu

Possible lead poisoning - 38 cal semi-jacket wadcutter or 9mm courtesy of the law :D