PDA

View Full Version : Joining in on Gibbmodoll.

Wulfie
17-09-2012, 08:46 AM
As stated by Ursa in another post,

I've just had a look and out of 2733 members only 426 have made a post and of those only 36 have made over 100 posts.

2307 Lurkers.

Urban Dictionary: lurker: A lurker is someone that follows the forum but doesn't post.

I've seen calls to lurkers on a number of Forums and hitting the send key on that first post is no mean feat for a lot of people. Nobody knows it all, nobodys going to laugh at you for any question. New ideas come out of sharing information, friendships come out of banter and out of posting here also comes the satisfaction that you're not alone, as a lurker you think you are, well you're not.

Gibbmodoll is a one off, he does what it says on the tin, takes his girls shopping, goes in front of the media and is a voice for what we'd all wish we could say without having to fall out with narrow minded people and I take my hat off to him. He has my thanks for this home from home.
Bob has given us a site where we can all share our passion, interest, love of dolls,whatever you want to call it, where, no matter what you have or want as a companion, no one is going to deride your views.

For all those who just sit and watch and let others ramble on, make that first step and join us, what have you got to lose, nothing, what have got to gain, well you're reading it and you can be part of it.

dollman2
17-09-2012, 09:33 AM
i agree with you wulfie, love it here. gibbmodoll has given us all some where we can share our love of dolls of all kinds.

until i found this forum i thought i was alone with my love of dolls.:(

but now i have found somewhere to share my love for dollies.:D:D

Ursa_Major
17-09-2012, 08:16 PM
There do seem to be a lot of lurkers on the forum compared to posters, especially when you consider that some members have accounts for their dolls as well as themselves. It could be that some only join so they can see the pictures and once their curiosity is satisfied they don't sign in again.

It would be nice to see more members posting but even as it is we have same talented and enthusiastic photographers and story tellers on the forum to keep us entertained.

Kate Kane
17-09-2012, 09:22 PM
Well said Wulfie. Bob has made a real community here and provided us all with a home from home where we can all share our passion. This forum is his vision and we all owe the Guv'nor bigtime.

I started here as a lurker myself, gathering information about doll options and being greatly reassured to find that there were other people who not only shared my interest and didn't find it remotely weird, but positively celebrated their lives with their dolls. Reading the contributions of other forum members gave me the confidence to take the plunge into doll ownership (what am I saying - she owns me) and ultimately to want to share my experience with like minded individuals.

To all of you guys who haven't yet plucked up the confidence to post yet, I know (as Wulfie rightly says) that its a big step to take, to go public, or 'come out', to borrow a term from elsewhere. Don't think nobody will be interested in what you have to say, they will, or that you might be ridiculed, you won't. The one thing I can guarantee, based on my own experience, is that you will receive a warm and genuine welcome from the friendliest place to be on the net. Once you start you won't look back.

Dongo
17-09-2012, 09:53 PM
[QUOTE=Wulfie;25933]As stated by Ursa in another post,

I've just had a look and out of 2733 members only 426 have made a post and of those only 36 have made over 100 posts.

2707 Lurkers.

Urban Dictionary: lurker: A lurker is someone that follows the forum but doesn't post.

Surely its only 2,697 Lurkers? :(

PS Even I knew that!

Ursa_Major
17-09-2012, 10:05 PM
Actually its 2307 lurkers (2733 - 426).

Wulfie
17-09-2012, 10:14 PM
Okay, it's been a heavy day and the girls wouldn't take their boots and stockings off to help me count:o for some reason they wouldn't believe my reason :whistle:

Dongo
17-09-2012, 10:39 PM
Actually its 2307 lurkers (2733 - 426).

Actually I took the 36 from 2,733!:confused:

MrGrey
17-09-2012, 10:46 PM
I guess many without a doll think
"I start posting when I get a doll"
but only a few actually get the doll.

MrGrey

:cool:

Wulfie
18-09-2012, 08:13 AM
I guess many without a doll think
"I start posting when I get a doll"
but only a few actually get the doll.

MrGrey

:cool:

They have my sympathy. Having looked around, and feeling embarrassed, I didn't ask any questions for pros and cons, I got a 'starter doll', then discovered BoyToys before moving onto a TeddyBabe, BT to TB, another great girl which gives me a happy balance, apart from their squabbling :(.
No need to wait to get a doll before posting, just drop in, say Hi and at some point your doll will select you.:)

Karrot
18-09-2012, 09:03 AM
How many doll owners does it take to count the lurkers? :D

I joined when I paid Jess' train fare. Before that I lurked. I'm glad I joined.

Karrot

Joe Bin
20-09-2012, 03:39 AM
I am glad I finally found this forum. I have been an active member on TDF since the beginning of February, and still am. This Forum is a lot more fun though, so I am so happy I found it.
By the way; is there an option I can click on that will keep me logged in for more than 10 minutes while I compose my posts?

Wulfie
23-09-2012, 08:34 PM
If folks don't mind, I'd like to 'bump this up' once in a while as an invitation to our silent majority to hit the keys and say Hello and for them to be made welcome here. :)

dollman2
23-09-2012, 08:37 PM
sounds good to me.

Camp
23-09-2012, 10:42 PM
Posts are what makes a forum.

This is a very nice place, so we need all the lurkers to at least say "Hello", or chime in on what they like !

We were all lurkers once.

Karrot
23-09-2012, 10:47 PM
I'm more concerned about Wulfie going 'Bump' in the night than the lurkers at our doors :D

Karrot

Joe Bin
24-09-2012, 04:40 AM
Hello Joe, when you log in here, click the box for remember me, this will hold you with in the forum :).
Holly.Thanks Holly, That works when I remember to do it.
One more question: I made a doll album and marked it as private. Now I want to change it to public, but I can't find the option to change it. Where can I find that?

Now to get Back on topic, I have to admit that I still lurk often without posting. Sometimes I don't have much time, but want to have a quick look anyway.

dollman2
24-09-2012, 07:24 AM
hey Joe if you select your album and go to the right side it should say edit album.
you can then change the privacy.

hope that helps.

Karrot
24-09-2012, 09:29 AM
Now to get Back on topic, I have to admit that I still lurk often without posting. Sometimes I don't have much time, but want to have a quick look anyway.

Thats not lurking Joe, thats passing through! :D

Karrot

dannybegood
24-09-2012, 07:41 PM
I'm here I just like looking around :whistle::whistle::whistle:

Wulfie
24-09-2012, 07:46 PM
15 posts in 21/2 yrs :eek: go on, double it by Xmas, we're looking forward to hearing more from you and all the others. :D:D

Kate Kane
24-09-2012, 08:04 PM
I'm here I just like looking around :whistle::whistle::whistle:

Good to hear from you Danny. Do you have a doll yourself yet or are weighing up the possibilities?

Joe Bin
24-09-2012, 08:45 PM
hey Joe if you select your album and go to the right side it should say edit album.
you can then change the privacy.

hope that helps.
Thanks Dollman, I don't know how I didn't see that before.:confused: looking too hard I guess.

Karrot
24-09-2012, 09:54 PM
Happy to see so many here, it is nice to wilcome new members to see them join in the threads and posts :).

You don't need to have a doll to join in with everyone here, we want to hear from you out there :).

And low, the Boss did descend and spake unto the masses and he did say thusly

Oi, you lot, get postin'

And so it came to pass

Amen!

Karrot

Dongo
24-09-2012, 09:57 PM
And low, the Boss did descend and spake unto the masses and he did say thusly

Oi, you lot, get postin'

And so it came to pass

Amen!

Karrot

One could say post early for Christmas!

dollman2
24-09-2012, 10:24 PM
200+ presents could be very costly.:D

Wulfie
24-09-2012, 10:24 PM
:twisted:Morrisons got the Chrimbo crap in stock already:twisted:

Cyber Ted
25-09-2012, 12:36 AM
Morrisons got the Chrimbo crap in stock already

Noooooooooooooooooooo..................... :x:mad::x:mad:

CT

dollman2
25-09-2012, 12:42 AM
im surprised they all haven't broken out the christmas stuff by now.

may be we could ban christmas till December the 23rd

Valerica
25-09-2012, 12:51 AM
They could at least wait until after Halloween. :evil:

Joe Bin
26-09-2012, 10:17 PM
Thats not lurking Joe, thats passing through! :D

Karrot
Oh, OK. In that case, I pass through a lot! I am passing through right now except for this one post.:D

Wulfie
02-11-2012, 12:53 PM
Just bringing the invite back to the top. I'm seeing members from the date this Forum started, viewing still and having never made a post. The first posts the hardest, so just live a little and join in, you're all welcome.

Karrot
02-11-2012, 01:17 PM
and we promise we dont bite, well unless you want us too :D

http://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/forum/picture.php?albumid=569&pictureid=11810

Jess
xx

Dongo
02-11-2012, 06:42 PM
:twisted:Morrisons got the Chrimbo crap in stock already:twisted:

Morrisons - YUCK!!! Bring back Safeway!:twisted:

cosycottage
02-11-2012, 07:04 PM
One could say post early for Christmas!

http://sadtrombone.com/

:p

Wulfie
03-12-2012, 12:09 AM
Come on you 'lurkers', please post at least once so that you can at least get a Welcome to the family :tu:tu

Zang
03-12-2012, 05:25 AM
Maybe they just love to watch us all entertain them!

It's easy, with such a mad ensemble as ours... :happy

Wulfie
25-01-2013, 12:01 AM
Yet another invitation for friends to be to hit the send key and join us. You've registered now just post, a question, your thoughts, your wants. We will try and answer and assist you.

cosycottage
25-01-2013, 01:29 AM
Yet another invitation for friends to be to hit the send key and join us. You've registered now just post, a question, your thoughts, your wants. We will try and answer and assist you.

I want a My Little Pony.

I think Pinkie Pie is the funniest. But my favourite was Derpy, until they changed the voice.

Why did they change the voice? Stupid PC brigade bastards! :mad:

Karrot
25-01-2013, 08:46 AM
Fluttershy is best pony :P I love derpy too, and I quite like her new cute voice.

Karrot ( in need of season 3 )

Wulfie
25-01-2013, 09:21 AM
:wtf :wall :bitch :wall :D

Cyber Ted
25-01-2013, 12:33 PM
Here's one for Cosy and Karrot. (Sounds like a seventies pop group.)

http://whitneylovesmakeup.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/my-little-pony1.jpg

And here's one for Wulfie.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_me75s9pLqQ1rd23b5o1_500.jpg

:21:24

CT

Jess
25-01-2013, 01:06 PM
Wrong generation of MLP there CT. But as a Brony and a pegasister its our duty to love and tollerate :D

Karrot

Wulfie
30-03-2013, 11:46 PM
Just wondering why I bother :mad: I keep seeing guests trying to reply to threads (noooooooo you have to join first :slaphead)and some trying to post threads :slaphead,yes you guests can see this and for the spectators as well who leave it all to others :finger,why don't you just join in :tu

No one knows who you are, it's free, we all had to do that 'first post' (no-one is going to laugh, just the oposite), we all share an interest in dolls for a relationship, photos or just down and dirty sex ..........maybe all three if you're lucky :happy but come on folks, just register and if you've registered just post something :tu.

Karrot
31-03-2013, 12:03 AM
C'mon folks, Wulfie is starting to a huff and a puff!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=E34eBjaqmgo

Karrot

Wulfie
09-04-2013, 11:05 PM
Non-Members, Guests, you out there who fail to read the instructions............. (Polite mode:mad:) A lot of you outsiders are still trying to post replies to threads on here, nooooooooooooooooooo,:wall:wall:wall:wall sorry but you have to join, sign in, take the shilling.............and you're still anonymous so what the flip have you got to lose (trying a new method, big letters, like when you speak loudly to someone who's totally deaf or doesn't speak English thinking they'd understand, it's worth a try as there's a lot of friends in the making wanting a nudge to join up) and as for the Lurkers, just post something, at least once, you sit there and feed off us, Please just post.
Huff and puff over :twisted:

Kate Kane
10-04-2013, 01:27 AM
Better do as Wulfie says guys - there's three little pigs that have just been made homeless already.

Sonya
10-04-2013, 10:51 AM
Hi guys, please forgive me as i was a kind of 'lurker'. I did not know what kind of repose i would get, being a woman, but i am happy to say that your welcome has been very kind and generous and my feelings are that i am going to find what i am looking for on your fascinating forum and make friendships along the way!

Wulfie
03-11-2014, 01:19 AM
Just a bump having seen 'non-members' still trying to post having not applied for Membership.:no:
Soooooooo easy to join the Gibbmodoll family, that first post. Nobodys going to laugh just welcome.:welcome
We've all been there and just a tip.................no post, no stay.........you get removed. So just pop in and say hello, we don't bite :)

cuddly
03-11-2014, 06:16 PM
As stated by Ursa in another post,

2307 Lurkers.

If I'm not mistaken there's currently precisely 700 members with more than zero posts :D out of 3963, making that 3263 lurkers, and 73 members with over 100 posts. Just for a comparison from the first post back in 2012 (when I had not even any interest in dolls, didn't know any type, these forums and all and had no idea I would join them less than two years later at full throttle...)

Come on, guys, step out of the shades, the light isn't blinding bright :p. Imagine how much more fun it would be if all of you zero-guys were actively posting! :tu

And just like Wulfie said: this place is something special in many different ways. Come in and find out!

CU cuddly

minato
03-11-2014, 11:00 PM
This tread remember me my first posts. :whistle:
I registered here and made my first post two days after.

I want to add you don't need to be English, i'm French and my friend Cuddly is German. You olny need to be a doll lover, and inflatables dolls are welcome!

Register, Post and Have Fun! :D

Dongo
03-11-2014, 11:22 PM
we don't bite :)

Do the vamps know that? :21:21:21:21

Sorry - serious matter just couldn't resist!

minato
04-11-2014, 08:32 AM
Corr... Wulfie doesn't bite.... :21

cuddly
28-11-2014, 07:55 AM
I just came across this thread again, and I had an idea wondering what you thought about it:
Could there be a time span after which "lurkers" are automatically deleted? I imagine something like "you have 3 months to make it to 5 posts" or "one month to make your first post" or the like? This would be imho a reasonable way to get back to some sensible numbers. Just an idea, though, if you don't mind it the way it is, then ignore this post and just leave it the way it is.

Edit: Just as a side note, probably Timbo or CT can answer: What's the current storage space consumption of this whole forum?

So long, weekend's only one day away (yay!), cu cuddly

Jamie1991
28-11-2014, 11:20 AM
Well I'm saving up for one ...!