PDA

View Full Version : Be carfull with your mobile phone.

Samurai
25-09-2012, 10:16 PM
Just got back from Greece yesterday after a good holiday, arrived back at the airport and phoned a taxi to take us home, while waiting i was mucking about with my mobile Samsung galaxy s2, just got it a few weeks ago, anyway taxi arrives and i stick the phone in my pocket, at that was the last i seen it. This morning i phoned the taxi office and the driver says nope not in his car.

No insurance, no phone, f@#king raging :mad:

Would Cost me over 300 to replace.

All thats fine, its the naked photos of Audrey i had on it :eek:

And internet is always on, my password are all stored on the phone, email, this forum bank account etc.

I got home about 9am yesterday and did not relise untill 10:30pm last night.

I phone my mobile provider and they have blacklisted the phone so it cant be used, and confirmed the last activity was me phoning the taxi, so i was lucky there, however they can still access my photo album and see what web site i was looking at (bookmarks).

So the moral is. Watch what you put on your phone, you never know you it might happen to you.

And just bought another of ebay the s3 this time but it will take a year to pay the bloody thing off. :evil:

Looks like i will be on the motorway with my thumb out to try and get to the meet. :rolleyes:

Sam...

dollman2
25-09-2012, 10:20 PM
if you had android and avg free on your phone you could track its location

Snaggles
25-09-2012, 10:26 PM
Heart-wrenching mate, I sympathise. My entire life's on my Blackberry & I'd be in a blind panic if I found myself in your situation.
I'd recommend passwording your new one when it arrives, at least then you'll know your personal info's safe if it ever falls into the wrong hands again & should offer some peace of mind.

Wulfie
25-09-2012, 10:27 PM
if you had android and avg free on your phone you could track its location

Any phone can be triangulated for location if the provider cares to serve their customer but it's more viable to sell another :mad:

Well this puts paid to Zorba dancing on tables and smashing plates I suppose :(

revoL annaerB
25-09-2012, 10:30 PM
Sorry to hear about that, it's a shame more people don't come forward when they find a phone.

I had taken a friends kids to a park when one lost his phone, luckily the guy who found it phoned the home phone from it to say he had it, I gave him a tenner for his honesty. He could just as easily kept it and sold it on quick.

dollman2
25-09-2012, 10:34 PM
true i can pin point my mobile on Google maps to within 20-30 feet ans sent a command to activate my ringtone, permanently lock and wipe my handset.

good if you loose your phone like me.:o

Samurai
25-09-2012, 10:37 PM
Thanks guys, it was an android but i did not have avg on it and i remember it had a phone location softwere on it i but i did not pay to much attention, the thing was it had a full battery but every time i phoned it it just went onto my voicemail so i think someone must have switched it off, anyway it has been reported to the police and they have all the info they need should it turn up, but more chance of winning the lotto than that happening.

Oh wulfie, i also forgot to delete those naked photos you sent me of your self, sorry mate. :whistle:

DF Paparazzi
25-09-2012, 10:47 PM
Thanks guys, it was an android but i did not have avg on it and i remember it had a phone location softwere on it i but i did not pay to much attention, the thing was it had a full battery but every time i phoned it it just went onto my voicemail so i think someone must have switched it off, anyway it has been reported to the police and they have all the info they need should it turn up, but more chance of winning the lotto than that happening.

Oh wulfie, i also forgot to delete those naked photos you sent me of your self, sorry mate. :whistle:

If the finder of the phone wants to call me I can arrange some real dosh for you. The Chief Ed of Lust will pay big money for snaps off the phone, and who knows how much he'll offer to stop naked pics of himself appearing in the competition. We can even sell the original back. :twisted: Big bucks I tell you. Contact me at sneakybastidwivcamera*@*FU*.com. :twisted:

Wulfie
25-09-2012, 10:50 PM
:twisted::twisted: I'll pay, I'll pay..........................:twisted::twisted:

dollman2
25-09-2012, 10:51 PM
prob the taxi driver decided he got a great tip.:mad:

unfortunately 96% of people will sell it on. hopefully they are stupid enough to sell to a shop dealing with second hand goods there is a good chance they might find it.:(

personally i recommend avg anti virus on android phone and setting up anti theft.:)

philinotstine
25-09-2012, 11:08 PM
Real pisser about your phone, Sam. I just hope you had a great holiday, mate. And Welcome back, bud.

MrGrey
25-09-2012, 11:25 PM
That's bad luck Samurai
but at least you got it blocked before someone abused it

:evil:

I'll pay, I'll pay..........................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZgwNutwK0Y

:whistle:

MrGrey

:cool:

Kate Kane
26-09-2012, 02:40 AM
Sorry Sam. What a complete pain in the arse - and the wallet.

I suppose that means the champagne all round at Hereford is off the menu now.

Joe Bin
26-09-2012, 05:01 AM
Sorry you lost your phone Sam.:( That is a real bummer! But did you check all your pockets?