PDA

View Full Version : Experiments in sleep

philinotstine
30-09-2012, 02:14 PM
First, i wasnt sure which forum to post this in but as Jessica mainly has the home-made body here will do as good as anywhere. I saw that a few of you TB guys have made sleeping eyes for your girls so i thought id try with Jess. This is just a prototype (Coulered card) and i may expand with felt and false eyelashes at a later point. I wont ever fix them to her for fear of damaging her lovely face but rather just place them over her eyes. These pics do look a bit makeshift (probably coss they are) but hey, what the hell!

http://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/forum/picture.php?albumid=509&pictureid=10840

philinotstine
30-09-2012, 02:15 PM
http://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/forum/picture.php?albumid=509&pictureid=10841

philinotstine
30-09-2012, 02:17 PM
Not as lovely as you sleeping plush ladies but kinda cute.

http://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/forum/picture.php?albumid=509&pictureid=10842

philinotstine
30-09-2012, 02:19 PM
...And then...Hey, whats up, baby?
Nothing, Jess go back to sleep. honey.

http://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/forum/picture.php?albumid=509&pictureid=10843

dollman2
30-09-2012, 02:30 PM
is it just me or dose she look really annoyed for being woken up?

Cyber Ted
30-09-2012, 02:33 PM
is it just me or dose she look really annoyed for being woken up?

LOL, yes she does. :D
Watch out Phil you could be in trouble. :)

CT

Kats012
30-09-2012, 02:36 PM
Yes, thanks to Zang, it's an effective mod. Felt works quite well and stays in place by itself ok. False eyelashes can be styled long or short and somehow the babes look peaceful and serene when asleep. Regards to Priss and Jess from Mr Kats and Lady Kat.

Kate Kane
30-09-2012, 05:03 PM
Zang's eyelid mod has got to be the simplest and most effective mod going. All the girls, of whatever type, just look so adorable when asleep.

Having a couple of hours to myself last night I decided to make Jen some more eyelids in different 'eyeshadow' colours and thought I might also experiment with some ideas for improvements.

Firstly, I tried making a set of lids out a sheet of thin pastel coloured foam but found that this material lacked the adhesion qualities of felt and although just slightly thicker than the felt, this was sufficient to give them a slightly odd appearance when in place. Idea one eliminated.

However, still wanting to find a way to improve the fit and improve the durability of the lids, I had another idea which I'm going to try when time allows. I'm going to pin some thin polythene into the plush material around the eyes and make sure that its sitting as smoothly over the eye as possible. I will then place the felt eyelids in place over the eyes and then very carefully paint them with a solution of 3 parts water to one part PVA glue. The theory is that the eyelids will dry hard with the correct degree of curvature to perfectly fit the eye. With care the polythene sheet below will protect the plush material and the eye decal from damage. The PVA at that level of dilution should dry clear with little or no effect on the felt colour.

I'll let you all know how I get on.

AndreaRose
30-09-2012, 06:20 PM
My hubby made a modification to Zang's eyelids that works rather well. The post about it is here at TDF http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=37885.

But the basic jist of it is, he took a glue stick like used for photos, and put 2 layers on the back of the eyelids to stiffen them and make them bendable so they will stay in shape. Then after that dried, he used rubber cement for arts and crafts (no industrial type please!) and painted 4 thin layers over the dried glue, letting each coat dry. Rubber cement stays tacky after it dries, so the eyelids stay in place well at night and don't shift or fall off. They pull off easily using a fingernail under the eyelid, and does not leave any reside behind.

If there are any skin oils on the eyes, they will need to be cleaned off with an alcohol wipe or the eyelids will not stick.

Love and Kisses,

Andrea Rose

Karrot
30-09-2012, 06:44 PM
That's an interesting solution to keeping the lids on at night Andrea. Jess and I use a thin roll of low tack sellotape looped back on itself. Works a treat and peels off with no damage or residue. Each roll lasts about a week before the sticky is too low for it to work.

Phil, I'll be interested to see how this progresses. Felt may not look right against the your girls silicone skin, but could provide a workable backing. I'm not sure what materials would compare up against the silicone skin however. Good luck, snoozing Jess and pis would be awesome!

Karrot

philinotstine
30-09-2012, 07:48 PM
Snoozing jess and pis? I havnt done that since a weekend long party in the late 70,s! Oh, Pris!:eek::D

Karrot
30-09-2012, 08:37 PM
did i make a booboo? :rolleyes:

Karrot

Kats012
30-09-2012, 10:59 PM
Thanks folks. Kats first eyes are getting done now, so some way of getting a 3d curvature is needed. I'll try pva on the insides.

Wulfie
01-10-2012, 06:49 AM
Boytoy eyelids are a possibility to fit over the top, they cater for a larger eyeball for their 'look' and could be the answer. May be worth asking Bob for an opinion as he has both types of girl in his harem and if they do work chase Phoenix for a set.