PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Gibbmodoll Meet Rollcall

Wulfie
21-10-2012, 11:38 AM
It's a long way off now but time soon flies by and then it'll be sorting, packing and route planning.

For those who missed the Meet, you really missed a fantastic 'do'. Great dolls of all types, good company, great food, great local cider and whisky. Such an event takes a lot of beating as all the photos show.

The Hotel was 250 but add 20% for drinks and a possible increase in tariff and then put transport on top. If you can put a couple of quid aside each week you'll make it there easily. For those without wheels, no worries, transport from the nearest station can be sorted.

All who made it this year will agree that it was the 'Best', so lets see who's putting their hands up for the 2013 Meet and who'll be there on the day.:tu

Karrot
21-10-2012, 12:10 PM
Put me down for it Wulfie! Jess, Earl and Norris will be along as well. unless Norris or Earl have pressing business elsewhere of course.

Karrot

Wulfie
21-10-2012, 12:18 PM
This is a list to encourage members to save as well as to help with logistics. The last minute 'scratting' to fill the rooms can be avoided if we can get a determined hardcore of doll lovers lined up for when the actual planning starts and if there are more members than rooms, as we hopefully will have, to be able to plan for other nearby lodgings.

Samurai
21-10-2012, 12:33 PM
Based on this years prices : Each 250 includes all food, However if you don't mind sharing a room the cost can be halfed.

I paid 250 then the wife decided to come along and it was only an extra 52
302 for the both of us thus 151 each.

Though it was 2 single beds and the room had a futher 2 beds (bunk) thus sleeping 4 though would be a bit cramped if 4 shared.

There are other rooms with 2 or more single beds, so even if 3 shared that would be roughly 118 each based on the above prices.

Just some options that are avaliable. :)

Cyber Ted
21-10-2012, 01:31 PM
I'm most definitely up for the whole weekend this time. I hope it is back to the September dates though. I will always struggle to manage a weekend at the beginning of October due to family commitments.

CT

Ursa_Major
21-10-2012, 01:51 PM
Having been to them all so far I'll certainly be there next year. Looking forward to it already.

I might have to get a bigger car though as it was rather crowded in the back on the way home. :D

http://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/forum/picture.php?albumid=690&pictureid=11338

Karrot
21-10-2012, 02:37 PM
Thats not crowded, thats cosy! :whistle:

Karrot

Loverboy
21-10-2012, 02:41 PM
I would be interested in coming, but i have to book my dates as soon as possible at work, because my work is bad, when it comes to time off. Worst case scenerio i would have to come for day. Also depends on job and finances next year! There are busy periods of work in retail when i cannot get time off.

cosycottage
21-10-2012, 02:49 PM
Thats not crowded, thats cosy! :whistle:

Karrot

Nah, this is cosy!

http://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/forum/picture.php?albumid=688&pictureid=11771

:D

If I'm in the country, I'll deffo make it next year.... although a mini-meet for us soft southern types would be nice too. :)

Karrot
21-10-2012, 03:15 PM
.... although a mini-meet for us soft southern types would be nice too. :)

/pinky to corner of mouth..... We shall make an exact copy of the annual meet in 1/6th scale an we shall call it mini-meet.....
d
Karrot

cosycottage
21-10-2012, 03:42 PM
/pinky to corner of mouth..... We shall make an exact copy of the annual meet in 1/6th scale an we shall call it mini-meet.....
d
Karrot

You know, I have one simple request. And that is to have dolls with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads!

Kate Kane
21-10-2012, 03:49 PM
Wouldn't miss it for the world. The girls would never forgive me. Can't have them squabbling about who gets the front seat so I reckon we'll be travelling with me as chauffeur and them in the back next year.
http://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2370&stc=1&d=1350830868

philinotstine
21-10-2012, 03:50 PM
I would love to come next year but like loverboy depends if i still have a job. All are also welcome to my beach "wedding" here in Jersey, though. Loverboys already up for it funds permitting.

dollman2
21-10-2012, 03:57 PM
I hope to be there depending on funds:happy