PDA

View Full Version : Problem with forums?

AndreaRose
27-11-2012, 08:29 PM
Several times in the last couple of days I'm getting timeout errors that the site cannot be loaded. It seems to be only affecting me on this site. Is there server trouble?

Andrea Rose

Cyber Ted
27-11-2012, 08:52 PM
No Apparent problem here.

What browser are you using?

Anyone else having problems?

CT

AndreaRose
27-11-2012, 08:53 PM
I've always used Google Chrome. It seems to be better now, but earlier it would just refuse to connect. Even on the mobile browser it's been doing the same thing.

Cyber Ted
27-11-2012, 08:57 PM
Cool I'm on Chrome too.

Thanks for letting us know, we'll have a look into it. :)

CT

AndreaRose
27-11-2012, 09:11 PM
Here's the error I got just a couple minutes ago:

Error 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE): The server closed the connection without sending any data.

Wulfie
27-11-2012, 09:18 PM
Possible fault on your system, CT will tell you more.

Cyber Ted
27-11-2012, 09:24 PM
It may be a trans atlantic issue possibly caused by the weather we are having here in the UK ATM.
It will be interesting to see if anyone in the UK reports similar problems.

Although the server farms are weather proof, there have been physical exchange and power supply issues at some UK ISP's over the last couple of days.
This _could_ account for the timeout on a longer routing.

I'm catching up on my annual leave (at home) ATM but got called in to work today because of issues on our system relating to poor internet connectivity, it turned out to be weather related, offsite. :slaphead

We'll keep an eye on things. ;)

CT

Cyber Ted
27-11-2012, 09:35 PM
Here's the error I got just a couple minutes ago:

Error 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE): The server closed the connection without sending any data.

That's a Chrome specific error.

If you have IE on your system could you please try logging in with that, next time you receive an error message, and report back on the results. Just for elimination purposes. (The problem, ...not you. ;) :D)

CT

AndreaRose
28-11-2012, 03:26 AM
I would agree if it was a system fault, however, the unable to load also happened on the mobile browser on the phone (chrome and firefox), and as well as on the Macbook running Safari. It's possible that our local internet connection could have been a culprit, but it also failed while on the air (4g network) instead of on wifi. So I would guess CT is more correct with issues over weather. As I did state earlier, this is the ONLY site affected with the unable to load problems that are sporadic.

Kate Kane
28-11-2012, 10:06 AM
The forum seems to be running very slowly today. I guess this could well be related to the local conditions highlighted by Cyber Ted.

thrawnxii
28-11-2012, 10:16 AM
I agree very slow but reachable.... maybe correct guess about the ISP outbound slowing down everything but should affect more than only this forum...

dollman2
28-11-2012, 10:23 AM
Im also having abit of trouble today with this forum on chrome & dolpin hd.

I can get here but takes awhile and some times needs two refreshes.

Karrot
28-11-2012, 01:05 PM
Similar issue here. Chrome on android over t-mobile. Seems to work but some times gives a gateway time out message about not receiving a response from an up stream server

Karrot

Cyber Ted
28-11-2012, 01:12 PM
OK that's ruling out a transatlantic issue.

We're looking into it. :)

CT

Cyber Ted
28-11-2012, 01:28 PM
Could those who have been having issues accessing the site do the following next time you come to the site please.

In your browser.

Do not use a shortcut, bookmark or favourite.
Type www.uklovedollforums.co.uk so that you go to the over 18s warning page. (Was there a problem or delay getting to this page).
Click the green enter button to enter the forums. (Was there a problem or delay getting to this page).
Report back in this thread how you got on.

Thanks.

CT

Karrot
28-11-2012, 01:53 PM
That worked fine this time for me CT

Karrot

LeeC22
28-11-2012, 02:08 PM
I was on last night, then all of a sudden, I couldn't connect. This is the first time I have been able to get on since then. Seems fine now... *touches wood*

Cyber Ted
28-11-2012, 03:53 PM
Thanks for your replies folks.

I've been looking around at other sites and have had the 324 error come up a couple of times myself now. It comes up on Yahoo as well when using Chrome.

I suspect that there is an ISP peering issue going on in the UK at the moment, that would explain these browser timeouts. Peering is the mechanism that various ISP's use to connect their networks to other ISP's networks.

BT seems to be having problems ATM and as they are one of the major UK carriers that may be having a knock on effect throughout the network.

We're also looking into our own systems here. :)

CT

dollman2
28-11-2012, 04:38 PM
Hi i hae the trouble getting to tje sit via bookmark or typing in the url but if i refresh once or twice all is fine on both dolphin or chrome al thought fast once i am here.:D

Cyber Ted
28-11-2012, 06:11 PM
OK that's good. It tells me that it is not a database problem.

The front page for the site, with the over 18 warning, is outside of the forum, although within the domain, if that causes issues too then we are not dealing with a php error or database problem.

It's looking more and more like an intermittent ISP peering issue.

If that is the case and you can't access on a later visit, then just give it a few minutes and try again, you may have success with a different routing the next time.

CT

revoL annaerB
28-11-2012, 07:47 PM
I have had a problem that sounds like it might be the same but this is what I get and this is what I do...

If the site hasn't loaded up after a few seconds I tried to refresh it with the result that it still wouldn't load up...bear in mind I have no patience so I don't know if it goes to the error page.

What does seem to work for me is rather than just refreshing it I click the stop button, for those who don't know it's the cross at the end of the address bar(at least it is in Firefox), then when I click refresh the site comes up no problem.

Not sure if this helps, I'm guessing that it is the same problem others are having but as I've said, I have no patience and always do something rather than waiting for ages.Anyway it may be something for people to try.

Cyber Ted
29-11-2012, 01:21 AM
.......What does seem to work for me is rather than just refreshing it I click the stop button, for those who don't know it's the cross at the end of the address bar(at least it is in Firefox), then when I click refresh the site comes up no problem.............
You Sir are what is known on the net as a Reeeefresh Monkey. :D

Reeefresh Monkies sit with their mouse pointer hovering over the browser X (stop), their right index finger poised over the left mouse button and their left index finger on the F5 key. Skilled refresh monkies can refresh their page hundreds of times a minute.
They are usually found trying to snipe ebay in the last two seconds of an online sale, studiosly bent over their keyboard waiting for the latest patch for their super duper Uber game to be released or watching their favourite forum and double triple checking for the latest comment from their fellow forum junkies. :drool
They can be identified by the worn WASD, LCtrl and F5 keys on their keyboards, and their constant need for a direct IV to Starbucks. The only patience they know of is the OUT one at the hospital when they go to have their index fingers regrafted. ;)

Which reminds me, the latest DLC for Skyrim will be released soon and I've gotta go as my coffee level is dropping to dangerously low levels and I've got to complete another level of Hitman before bed. :D

CT

revoL annaerB
29-11-2012, 11:03 AM
You Sir are what is known on the net as a Reeeefresh Monkey. :D

Reeefresh Monkies sit with their mouse pointer hovering over the browser X (stop), their right index finger poised over the left mouse button and their left index finger on the F5 key. Skilled refresh monkies can refresh their page hundreds of times a minute.
They are usually found trying to snipe ebay in the last two seconds of an online sale, studiosly bent over their keyboard waiting for the latest patch for their super duper Uber game to be released or watching their favourite forum and double triple checking for the latest comment from their fellow forum junkies. :drool
They can be identified by the worn WASD, LCtrl and F5 keys on their keyboards, and their constant need for a direct IV to Starbucks. The only patience they know of is the OUT one at the hospital when they go to have their index fingers regrafted. ;)

Which reminds me, the latest DLC for Skyrim will be released soon and I've gotta go as my coffee level is dropping to dangerously low levels and I've got to complete another level of Hitman before bed. :D

CT

LOL, I'm really not that bad, yeah I do snipe on Ebay sometimes other than that I do usually wait for a short while but I'm so used to this site coming up almost instantly that when it didn't I did my thang. I actually described slightly wrong, after I click the stop button I don't refresh but click the link in Firefox for this forum. If I remember rightly clicking on the refresh after stopping didn't work. Sorry about that.

It worked for me so I thought it might work for others.

Didn't know you were a cyber bully:21

Cyber Ted
29-11-2012, 11:14 AM
That worked OK Holly.

Everything our end looks fine. :)

I'm trying to find out if there is a major peering issue or similar in the UK ATM. :wall

CT

Cyber Ted
29-11-2012, 11:34 AM
Fixed It For You. :)

...............It worked for me so I thought it might work for others.

Didn't know you were a cyber TED:21

:p

:D

CT

LeeC22
29-11-2012, 11:48 AM
Just had a failure trying to post a lengthy reply to a thread. Got an "Internet Explorer couldn't connect to the page" type error. Luckily, this is one of the very rare forums, where hitting back, gets you everything you typed back, so I could just resubmit.

You should have a word with Den of Angels about that, their forums seems to fail regularly, and simply dump everything you typed... very annoying.

So Kudos to these forums for that. :)