PDA

View Full Version : New Sub Forum - Backstage at the Theatre

Cyber Ted
05-04-2013, 09:55 PM
Hi All

You may, in the past, have noticed that new storyline threads appeared from nowhere with multiple replies and yet had not shown on the frontpage while being developed. Then again maybe not. ;)

What was happening was that the thread was developed out of sight in the mods forum and then moved when the original poster (OP) had got it to the stage where they wanted it to go live.

We decided to roll this facility out to the whole forum, so the mod team have created a new forum to allow this to happen. This is a sub-forum of the Theatre, called 'Backstage at the Theatre'.

This forum will allow you to develop a thread away from everyone else where only you and the mod helping you can see the thread, it will not appear on the frontpage or 'today's posts' pages, it will not be visible to anyone else while still in the Backstage. It cannot be searched for. Even someone who is also developing a thread of their own in the Backstage forum will not be able to see yours, nor you theirs.

While your thread is in the Backstage forum you will be able to close (lock) and open (unlock) it if you need to build it up over multiple sessions. When you are finished you can open it and PM the moderator who has been helping you, he will then move the whole thread to your chosen forum.
He can also rename the thread for you before moving it if you wish.

The forum works almost exactly the same as the others with the exception of the thread visibility and the fact that it will not affect your post count until you make it live and have it moved to the appropriate forum. Initially only the OP and the Mod will be able to post and reply in the thread. Once we are sure that all works as planned we will setup access for other members/dolls to your developing thread if you request it.

The mod helping you within the Backstage forum will also help you get your graphics into your post and setup to display as you wish.

To start a thread in the Backstage forum you will first have to PM the Backstage Moderator and ask for a password. The system may ask you for this password on subsequent visits to the Backstage forum. (If you have cookies set and remain logged in you will not be asked again after your first post.)

This forum will have its own Moderator and we are pleased to announce that revoL annaerB has agreed to take on this roll. His assistance and his ability with graphics packages make him the ideal candidate for this position.

I'm sure you will all join me in welcoming revoL to his new post and wishing him the best of luck in getting this new part of our forum working successfully. :b

We will publish a full set of instructions in the next few days but in the meantime if you have any questions please PM revoL. :)

CT

philinotstine
05-04-2013, 10:30 PM
Congratulations revoL on your new moderator role. Perfect man for the job, mate. I look forward to working with you on a creative project with my (or our) girls in the not-too-distant future.

Wulfie
05-04-2013, 10:37 PM
Congratulations revoL on your new moderator role. Perfect man for the job, mate. I look forward to working with you on a creative project with my (or our) girls in the not-too-distant future.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yesssssssssssssssss, Pris, pris,Pris, pris,Pris, pris,, damn, got tooo excited there , sorrrrrrrrrrry :o

Ursa_Major
05-04-2013, 11:58 PM
Sounds like a good idea to have somewhere to compose lengthy storylines. Although I haven't done one myself I can understand the frustration of getting odd replies in between your posts.

Congratulations to revoL on his appointment. :happy

Wulfie
06-04-2013, 07:21 AM
You've got my vote on this Revol, it's your area of expertise and I'm looking forward to seeing the finished products. The older members here won't do any nasty surprises but the Hotspot is always there for anyone who wants to do 'downright dirty' :D.

Samurai
06-04-2013, 07:34 AM
Well now its official :).
Welcome to the team Revol and thanks for taking on the role and the part of the forum thats all yours !

You photoshop skills are well frankly the best i have seen here on the forum thats why when Bob ask for help you were the first guy i thought about. I helped Bob in the flight thread so i know how time consuming the job is and to do a bit of Mod stuff as well, just remember you need to sleep as well. :21

Like i said you need any help or advice just let us know but something tells me your not a noob at this. :tu

Sam....

dollman2
06-04-2013, 12:34 PM
congrats on your new post revol:D

Tina
06-04-2013, 02:26 PM
So your our new special effects man! The man that CAN! Will you be a bit like Q from James Bond. Congratulatons and well deserved. I'm afraid Loverboy's asleep, He came home this morning and looked shattered and went to bed. He left for work early again for work last night

Kate Kane
06-04-2013, 05:28 PM
Brilliant. The Backstage forum is an incredibly useful facility. Congrats to revoL on appointment as backstage mod - I may need to call upon your services shortly. I've had a new and pretty complex thread in mind for a while but have been puzzling how to deal with some of the technical issues with my neanderthal level graphics skills.

revoL annaerB
06-04-2013, 07:26 PM
Thanks everyone, I'll do my best to help in any capacity that is required, be it just the graphics, wording and ideas for storylines or whatever you need:tu

I'll also offer my help if you just have a single picture that you want help with.

This is a very interesting and unique feature that will aid in the story-building process for anyone wishing to do a lengthy thread without interruption.

I am honoured to be an integral part of the forum and thank all of you who support the decision to offer me this position.

Please remember that I have my limitations, all my knowledge is self-taught so there are things I don't know or can't do but I like a challenge and it will probably teach me things as I get pushed into areas beyond my abilities.

Anyone wishing to start something is welcome to PM me details of what you have and what you require. I'm looking forward to working with you when you are ready.

Joe Bin
10-08-2013, 06:12 AM
This is good to know. It sounds complicated,so I may become a pest with dumb questions, but it might be just what I need. I have story to post as soon as I finnish sorting the pictures, so Revol you will be herring from me soon.

revoL annaerB
10-08-2013, 11:36 PM
No problem, Joe, and there are no dumb questions when dealing with something unfamiliar:tu

Kats012
20-08-2013, 02:17 AM
Phil is kindly doing an article on Lady K's geneology - which is currently backstage. He has asked me to view it. May I have password please?

philinotstine
20-08-2013, 07:16 AM
pm sent,bud.:tu

Cyber Ted
20-08-2013, 07:20 AM
Phil is kindly doing an article on Lady K's geneology - which is currently backstage. He has asked me to view it. May I have password please?

It's not possible to view another member's post in the backstage even with the password. That's the whole point of that area. The thread would currently need to be moved from there to be viewed.

I'll look into creating an area for collaborative projects later today and will PM you and Phil the password. :)

CT

philinotstine
20-08-2013, 08:00 AM
Sorry, CT, I didnt realise. The only reason is I pm,d Kats asking if I could do a piece on lady Kat and, when I fin ished it, thought it only right he see it before anyone else for his critique. Didnt mean to create more work for you, mate.

Cyber Ted
20-08-2013, 12:47 PM
No worries Phil it's something that's been on my 'tudu list' for a while. :)

It is now ready to go, I have moved your post into the new collaborative forum and you and Kats should be able to see and work on it together.

I'll properly announce the new forum later when I have time to write it up properly. For now the password is the same as the normal backstage. :tu

CT

revoL annaerB
30-09-2018, 08:27 PM
As there have been many new members since this was started up I felt it would be a good idea to bump this thread so every current member knows of this useful part of the forum:tu

THE BASICS -

Get the password and go in to the backstage area
Start your thread and begin the title with 'BACKSTAGE - ' followed with any title you want (this shall be changed to suit by a mod when the thread is ready to be moved).

While your thread is in the backstage only you and the mods can view it and it won't appear in the 'recent posts' list so you know there will be no sneaky peeks or posts while you build the thread.

When using photos from an onsite album it is advisable to set the album to 'private' so other members can't see the pics until your thread is public, either you or a mod can make your album public again when the thread is moved.

When you are ready for your thread to be moved and become visible please contact me and I shall move it to wherever you want it moved to, the backstage was initially created for stories which would be going into the theatre but any multi-post thread can be build here without the destination being the theatre. If you need it moving while I'm not around just contact another mod and they will do it for you.

Sit back with the satisfaction of a job well done:tu

I think I've covered everything but if not please just ask any questions, other than 'Can you post the password publicly?':21

siliconefun
02-10-2018, 08:31 PM
A very useful function which I missed on TDF.
The Backstage cloud is a great help when composing a multi-post thread.

Best wishes,

- SF -