PDA

View Full Version : Classes on Mannequin Restoration ..

Jonboy
17-09-2013, 12:21 PM
I have seen one or two fiberglass Mannequins, but I was wondering just how easy or difficult are they to work on? The reason I ask is most of the time when I see an old Mannequin for sale, they are a little damaged here and there.

I really would like to tinker about with old fiberglass Mannequins, but knowing nothing about them, is there any courses that I could attend that I could learn how to work on them?

I have been looking at art classes, but found nothing that covers Mannequin restoration!

revoL annaerB
17-09-2013, 03:07 PM
I don't know of any repair courses of that type but if you search youtube for any vids on general fibreglass repair the basic principal should be the same, try looking for vids on fibreglass canoe repair or fibreglass car body repair and see if it suits your needs. Needless to say they will need painting afterwards with a paint as close as you can get to the skin tone.

Just a thought.

Jonboy
18-09-2013, 09:05 AM
I don't know of any repair courses of that type but if you search youtube for any vids on general fibreglass repair the basic principal should be the same, try looking for vids on fibreglass canoe repair or fibreglass car body repair and see if it suits your needs. Needless to say they will need painting afterwards with a paint as close as you can get to the skin tone.

Just a thought.

It's worth a try I suppose, thanks for the tip :)