PDA

View Full Version : Still on the look out for a mannequin

Jonboy
27-09-2013, 03:06 PM
I am still on the look out for a Mannequin, just wondering what shops I could try and approach for any second hand and no longer wanted mannequins? When the big stores get rid of their Mannequins, I wonder how they dispose of them?

Wulfie
27-09-2013, 03:56 PM
A lot are 'hired' in. Ebay is a good source as well as trawling the net for sales outlets or stockists. I picked up a torso to use as a pattern for my bike tank and I found it, by just using Google, 12 miles from home.

Jonboy
27-09-2013, 04:30 PM
A lot are 'hired' in. Ebay is a good source as well as trawling the net for sales outlets or stockists. I picked up a torso to use as a pattern for my bike tank and I found it, by just using Google, 12 miles from home.

Hi Wulfie

I have looked at local stockist near me, but the fiberglass Mannequins are just so expensive. That's why I was thinking were do shops dispose of their old Mannequins, but as you said most stores will probably rent them.

I have trawled the net for days and days, and I have seen some cracking Mannequins that I really would love, but the location makes it not practical.

Most of the search results that come up, are for Mannequins located in the USA. By the time shipping and insurance is added, the Mannequin becomes far too expensive!

I have been keeping a watch on the popular auction sites, but no joy as of yet!

Oh well, the search goes on ;)

Dollyfan
27-09-2013, 06:32 PM
www.hetetalagepoppenhuis.nl perhaps?

Jonboy
28-09-2013, 06:35 AM
www.hetetalagepoppenhuis.nl perhaps?

I have already been in touch the other day, and they say shipping to the UK is about £50 or so. Not a great deal I know, but I think I would prefer to pick up myself.

Thanks for the link anyway.

I am up bright and early, and I am still sifting through the web pages in search of a Mannequin.

philinotstine
28-09-2013, 09:05 AM
Hello again Jonboy. Just a suggestion for your quest for a mannequin.
You could try asking for the window-dresser in any large department store, then ask them if they have anydamaged or obsolete mannequins you could buy.
Tell them its for an art project. You never know, you could strike lucky and get one really cheap or even free.

Jonboy
28-09-2013, 03:02 PM
Hello again Jonboy. Just a suggestion for your quest for a mannequin.
You could try asking for the window-dresser in any large department store, then ask them if they have anydamaged or obsolete mannequins you could buy.
Tell them its for an art project. You never know, you could strike lucky and get one really cheap or even free.

Now that sounds like a good idea, I think I will give it a try. Hey it just might work. Thanks :)

If it is a success I will post the details here ..

jonboy2
18-09-2015, 02:53 PM
Still on the look out for a mannequin, things happened and I could not go any further.

jonboy2
18-09-2015, 02:55 PM
Oh by the way, I am Jonboy who posted this thread. Just I had to re sign up as I could not log in anymore :D

I am still on the look out for a Mannequin, just wondering what shops I could try and approach for any second hand and no longer wanted mannequins? When the big stores get rid of their Mannequins, I wonder how they dispose of them?

Jonboy
18-09-2015, 03:33 PM
Back to myself again now,

Big thank you to wulfie

mission
18-09-2015, 10:11 PM
Where do you live? I've got several mannequins I could sell at a very nominal price. Most of them are shop mannequins but I do have one that is very out of the ordinary. They would have to be collected in person from near Guildford in Surrey.

Jonboy
19-09-2015, 04:07 PM
Where do you live? I've got several mannequins I could sell at a very nominal price. Most of them are shop mannequins but I do have one that is very out of the ordinary. They would have to be collected in person from near Guildford in Surrey.

A little bit too far away. I am in the North West UK area.

But thanks anyway :)

Stone7
14-03-2016, 06:07 PM
We bought our mannequins at Z&L from Pinneberg, Germany. Good quality, nice prices, very correct shipping fee.

Perhabs take a look at
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ZNL-Full-Female-Mannequin-FOOT-STAND-Woman-Shop-Display-Showcase-Dummy-Doll-/311564436023?hash=item488ab00237:g:XrYAAOSwGotWnKv S

And they have a lot of more mannequins.

Our third one we bought at Marks&Spencer in London. They had one with a broken shoulder and we pay 30 pounds. Few years ago, as we lived there.
Perhabs ask if a shop is nearby your home.

Hope you find yours one soon. All the best.

mission
15-03-2016, 05:58 PM
Since I initially replied to your post I have sold several mannequins but I still have a couple of very nice ones to part with.