PDA

View Full Version : Important - all read please.

Cyber Ted
28-10-2013, 11:15 PM
:waiting: :waiting: :waiting:

The forum maintenance is now complete. :) :happy

There have been few visible changes, the main activity was in pruning some old completely unused user accounts, tightening security in a number of key areas and general maintenance, including backups.

The reason for tightening the security is that an out of use account had been used to hack the site. No damage was done but it is possible that passwords may have been compromised. :mad:

As a precaution, please change your password now, to something with both letters and numbers in it.

Thanks everyone for sorting out your PM storage it helped greatly. :tu

So welcome back to Gibbmodoll's slimmer, hopefully slicker UK Love Doll Forum.

Let the :chatter::drink :24 Continue.

CT

Cyber Ted
28-10-2013, 11:40 PM
There has been some minor renaming of pages so you may want to update any shortcuts or bookmarks you have set-up.

:)

CT

Joe Bin
29-10-2013, 03:05 AM
Good work CT :b:b:b
I have got all my passwords changed now:) now its just a matter of remembering the new ones.:24

Karrot
29-10-2013, 05:44 AM
Nice One CT. :drink

Karrot

revoL annaerB
29-10-2013, 07:44 AM
Thanks, CT, it's good to know we have you on the case. You deserve a medal, mate.

Wulfie
29-10-2013, 08:01 AM
Well done CT, all backed up and secure so it's down to the Members to make the effort and change their passwords so we don't go here again.
I'd recommend 'LastPass', password generator, then you only have to remember one password for the site alone as it does it all for you and it's simple to use. :tu

Ian
29-10-2013, 09:28 AM
Nice work CT,
It's the diligence of the backroom boys that keeps the forum flying.

I'd also recommend LastPass, I've been using it for years and you can use the same account for your other devices. As wulfie says one password does everything.

Loverboy
29-10-2013, 12:50 PM
At last i manage to get back on the forum, don't know what the problem was, but bits of the forum were missing. Also i'm as thick as s..t when it come to doing stuff on computer, how do i change my password. Please PM me

Thanks L.B

Kate Kane
29-10-2013, 12:55 PM
Great job CT, many thanks. Passwords changed and all seems a ok.

Cyber Ted
29-10-2013, 01:30 PM
At last i manage to get back on the forum, don't know what the problem was, but bits of the forum were missing. Also i'm as thick as s..t when it come to doing stuff on computer, how do i change my password. Please PM me

Thanks L.B

No worries L B, you're probably not the only one having issues changing password so I'll answer here.

Click or press 'User CP' at the top left of the screen.
Click 'Edit Your Details'
Click 'Edit Email and Password'
Enter your current password in the top box.
Enter your new password in the second box.
Type your new password again in the third box.
Check your email address is OK, if not, change it, in both boxes.
Click 'Save Changes'

That's it, you're done.

:tu

CT

philinotstine
29-10-2013, 04:01 PM
Thanks, CT all 4 passwords changed and tested. :tu

Samurai
29-10-2013, 05:01 PM
Thanks, CT, it's good to know we have you on the case. You deserve a medal, mate.

:no: His head is big enough

And here i thought you were sleping when i taught you all that tech stuff i don't know nowt about.

You were my best apprentice. :D

Cheers CT. :tu

:whistle:

Nescio50
29-10-2013, 08:23 PM
:mad: I always use automatic logon. I can't remember which password I used. And now I can't change it :wtf
I requested a new password, but didn't receive it. Maybe I'm impatient, but I expected the new password within a few minutes :confused:
Please help!

Cyber Ted
29-10-2013, 08:33 PM
I'll PM you one now Nescio. :tu

CT

Nescio50
29-10-2013, 08:38 PM
I'll PM you one now Nescio. :tu

CT
THANK YOU :tu

I have successfully changed it :)

Nyarlat