PDA

View Full Version : Advanced image bb code

cuddly
04-10-2014, 08:07 PM
Hey guys,
I haven't found anything on that here, so again I'm asking directly:

The [ img ] bb code tag should offer two variants to view the image at a certain size. One would be [img=WxH] the other one looks like HTML with [img width="W" height="H"]
However, both are not working (for me?:confused:) here. Now, does it for you? If not, does this have to be implemented, can it be done, is it even desirable?

It's just that I came across this once, and it comes in handy for picture previews, or when quoting something including pictures. Keeps threads neat and mouse wheel mileage low :D.

Only asking. cu cuddly

Halfstep
04-10-2014, 09:39 PM
The [ img ] bb code tag should offer two variants to view the image at a certain size. One would be [img=WxH] the other one looks like HTML with [img width="W" height="H"]
However, both are not working (for me?:confused:) here. Now, does it for you? If not, does this have to be implemented, can it be done, is it even desirable?

Neither of those syntaxes appears in the list of tags at http://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/forum/misc.php?do=bbcode#imgcode. Possibly because offering dynamic resizing might have implications for the load on the servers that host the forum.

Keeps threads neat and mouse wheel mileage low :D.

Throw away your ergonomically suboptimal rodent and acquaint yourself with the 'Page Up' and 'Page Down' keys. ;)

revoL annaerB
04-10-2014, 09:41 PM
acquaint yourself with the 'Page Up' and 'Page Down' keys. ;)

LOL, that is how I scroll up and down a page and use the cursor keys for 'fine-tuning'

Karrot
04-10-2014, 09:41 PM
Touch screen and flick (but not on revoLs laptop at the meet :whistle: )

Karrot

cuddly
04-10-2014, 10:02 PM
Neither of those syntaxes appears in the list of tags at http://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/forum/misc.php?do=bbcode#imgcode. Possibly because offering dynamic resizing might have implications for the load on the servers that host the forum.
Hm, I'd bet it's the age of vBulletin® - Version 3.8.4 :( Workload depends on how the server solves this issue - resizing it on each view, or storing a once downsized thumbnail/image.

Never mind then.
Throw away your ergonomically suboptimal rodent and acquaint yourself with the 'Page Up' and 'Page Down' keys. ;)
Which are Fn-up resp. Fn-down on my tiny bedside keyboard... :rolleyes:

Still, thank you for the hint.
cu cuddly

Halfstep
04-10-2014, 11:14 PM

Which are Fn-up resp. Fn-down on my tiny bedside keyboard... :rolleyes:

Still, thank you for the hint.

Apologies - that might have seemed rude. I didn't mean it as a serious suggestion.:o

Workload depends on how the server solves this issue - resizing it on each view, or storing a once downsized thumbnail/image

If all you want are thumbnails, then they already exist for pictures in any member's albums. They're what Ruth used in her Who's Who post (http://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=65331#post65331).

revoL annaerB
04-10-2014, 11:51 PM
I have to say, I prefer full size pics that I can scroll up and down through rather than having to click thumbnails to see the pics....maybe that's just me.

cuddly
05-10-2014, 05:53 AM
Apologies - that might have seemed rude. I didn't mean it as a serious suggestion.:o
Nah, didn't take it the wrong way. No worries!
I have to say, I prefer full size pics that I can scroll up and down through rather than having to click thumbnails to see the pics....maybe that's just me.Well then, so be it. Told you I was just asking.

cu cuddly.

cuddly
06-10-2014, 07:27 PM
Sorry, have to bring this one up again, if only for a laugh! Prolly not many words needed?
fa9DLxDtPtc
cu cuddly

Karrot
06-10-2014, 10:23 PM
:21:21:21:21 yup

Karrot