PDA

View Full Version : experiencing problems.

philinotstine
05-10-2014, 09:58 PM
Is anyone having problems with connections within the forums? Navigating between various areas is extremely slow for me today and uploading photos impossible. It could just me my pc which is why i'm asking.

Kate Kane
05-10-2014, 10:03 PM
Not me mate. Everything seems to be working as normal. Hope you get it sorted.

philinotstine
05-10-2014, 10:08 PM
Thing is I havent a clue what to do about it. It took a couple of minutes just then waiting for the system to let me reply when its normally a few seconds. Frustrating cos I've been trying to upload some pics of Avril(very naughty ones,too) but it just wont do it. :mad:

cuddly
05-10-2014, 10:11 PM
Nothing wrong here except from what I've written before: Picture- heavy threads might need a reload to show all pix. But only sometimes. :confused:

cu cuddly

revoL annaerB
05-10-2014, 10:16 PM
Sounds to me like an internet connection problem.

Does it work okay on other websites?

Is the computer working okay when running other programs? If the PC is working at normal speed on other software such as PSP then it's most likely some issue with your internet service provider, IMO.

Kats012
05-10-2014, 10:41 PM
Myself also. Cannot upload any photos at all!

Later: Uploaded a compressed photo - might be the site cannot handle my new cameras 6Mb plus average.

Later still - Failed again. "Cannot load because a security token is missing????"

revoL annaerB
05-10-2014, 11:18 PM
Kats - if you haven't got software to reduce the pics try shooting on a lower megapixel setting. The album software does reduce for you but there will be limitations and the bigger the pic the longer it will take to reduce the size.

Higher settings are great for pics on the computer but are pointless for forum use.

Hope this helps.

Karrot
06-10-2014, 05:55 AM
As revol said, I got that exact error message when i forgot to resize my 18megapixel images :eek: Im surprised i didnt get " Fck off Vegi-boy, are you serious!" :21:21

I'll hvae a look about for a free pic resizer tonight.

Karrot

philinotstine
06-10-2014, 06:23 AM
My uploader is working again this morning. Still slow and only one pic at a time instead of the five but at least its working.

minato
06-10-2014, 08:06 AM
Kats - if you haven't got software to reduce the pics try shooting on a lower megapixel setting. The album software does reduce for you but there will be limitations and the bigger the pic the longer it will take to reduce the size.

Higher settings are great for pics on the computer but are pointless for forum use.

Hope this helps.

I resize my picture before the upload.
I use the GIMP bit PhotoFiltre too when i want to use a lighter program. :D

Wulfie
06-10-2014, 08:24 AM
Pending on the time of day, I can upload a pic of up to twice the stated size, but anything 800 x 800 should just load easily. We are on a similar par to TDF but there you can only load one at a time to place in line and just hope nobody posts on your thread between loading :rolleyes:

cuddly
06-10-2014, 10:30 AM
Pending on the time of day, I can upload a pic of up to twice the stated size, but anything 800 x 800 should just load easily. We are on a similar par to TDF but there you can only load one at a time to place in line and just hope nobody posts on your thread between loading :rolleyes:

:confused::confused::confused:
I always resize my pics to 1280 x 960, both here and for TDF, and never had any issues, also concerning multiple pix and other posters. And for now everything's smooth and fine again, too. :tu

CU cuddly

Kats012
06-10-2014, 11:25 AM
Hmm! Somethings up though; very slow to upload pics and then it decides to upload without the usual compression ratio so they are much larger.
As they say in Eastenders "Wossgowwwinon?"

Cyber Ted
06-10-2014, 09:37 PM
I've had a look but can't see any problems with the site. The hostco may have been doing some maintenance work.

The system will reject any pics that are ridiculously huge and will resize those that fit within reasonably acceptable parameters.

Gimp (http://www.gimp.org/5) is a good image resizing option for those who don't have paintshop, photoshop or any other higher spec image manipulation program.

We'll have a look at up-scaling the picture parameters at the next site maintenance period. :tu

CT

philinotstine
06-10-2014, 09:46 PM
On an unrelated note does anyone have any ideas on how to stop that annoying circling thing that freezes any and everything from bbc i-player, flash player stuff,demand4 etc. Basicly everything I try to stream has this problem and some things are just impossible to watch.