PDA

View Full Version : Photo Help

Mondoon
31-12-2014, 12:58 PM
Hello peeps, excuse me if I'm being stupid but I am a noob.
I've been looking at uploading photos to a new thread in the general topic forum. I looked at the very helpful instructions for uploading photos but it only covers the making of an album.
Do I have to make an album first or is there a way to just upload the pics to a thread?

Cyber Ted
31-12-2014, 01:30 PM
The best method is to create an album, upload your pics and then link them into your post.

Samurai's guide in the help forum is a great starter.

Post a message if you're having problems and someone will be sure to help out. :tu

CT

Mondoon
31-12-2014, 01:42 PM
Thanks a lot Ted

I can easily follow those superb instructions I just thought there might be a quick way of just uploading to a thread/post.

I'll make an album then.

Happy new year to everyone

Samurai
31-12-2014, 01:48 PM
The best way is the above but the quick way is to post attachments in your post.

Hit post reply button and look for

Attach Files
Valid file extensions: bmp doc gif jpe jpeg jpg pdf png psd txt zip
Manage attachments

its below the white box where you write ur reply

the rest is self explanatory. :tu

Sam..

Mondoon
31-12-2014, 01:53 PM
Thanks a lot Sam

I did actually try this in the Practice forum but when I looked at the preview of the post the photo looked very small and I really wanted full size images.

Was I doing something wrong or what !!

Mondoon
31-12-2014, 02:23 PM
Thanks for your help guys.

You can see the results in my post 'Beautiful Goths' in the Dolls In General Forum.

Cheers

cuddly
31-12-2014, 02:27 PM
Hi Mondoon
that's where the "Insert Image" function can be used afterwards:
Once you have attached the image (or more than one), they appear as a list of links just above the "Manage attachments" button. Copy the link and insert it via the "Insert Image" function above editor field.
http://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=4160&stc=1&d=1420039541

Works!

EDIT: I see you did it already. The Album way is the preferrable anyway, both for browsing and also for pic reuse!

CU cuddly

Samurai
31-12-2014, 02:36 PM
Thanks a lot Sam

I did actually try this in the Practice forum but when I looked at the preview of the post the photo looked very small and I really wanted full size images.

Was I doing something wrong or what !!

After you post click on the attachment and it becomes full size (ish) :tu