PDA

View Full Version : Dolls that don't fit a forum subsection?

FlashGordoll
30-09-2015, 03:39 PM
Hi,
I'm slightly confused as to where I can post images and info for one of my dolls.

There's a Chinese doll section and a whole other bunch of forum sections for specific makes of dolls but none of those fit my Yuuko.

I'm definitely not asking for any special treatment, maybe I've missed something:confused:

Yuuko is a doll made by a Japanese doll manufacturer called Silicone-Art, I notice there's no Japanese forum section but separate sections for other Japanese dolls. So where would Yuuko fit in? Dolls in general perhaps?

Thanks,
Flash.

Wulfie
30-09-2015, 03:49 PM
Dolls in general will be the place but it's something which will be looked at in the future for feasibility. It's a shed load of work for CT to play with the categories as there are several Japanese makes under their own headings but I'll ask.

FlashGordoll
30-09-2015, 04:43 PM
Dolls in general will be the place but it's something which will be looked at in the future for feasibility. It's a shed load of work for CT to play with the categories as there are several Japanese makes under their own headings but I'll ask.
Cheers Wulfie,:)

To be honest I do find this forums main index page confusing and cluttered (I mean no offence to anyone). The reason why I say that is - I feel there could less clutter by having only country specific doll manufacturers subforums on the main index much like TDF, as well as all the other sections, maintenance, inventors etc on the main index.

Then it would look a lot less cluttered and less confusing.

Chinese forum section - separate subsections of all known Chinese doll mfts

Japanese forum section - separate subsections of all known .. you guessed it

American - as above

and so on.

Soz I don't mean to come across like a know it all, just find this forum difficult to navigate sometimes. There again I'm probably saying what you've been thinking for a while. I also realize it would be lots of work.

Carlyrain
30-09-2015, 11:26 PM
Hey Flash baby.;)
You know, Pete used to have trouble at first, moving from TDF to here, but he got used to it pretty quick, and seems easier than TDF now.
It is a frightfully huge amount of work to make new categories and much much more to rearrange them.
You will get used to it hun, just give it time, it's a good system that works well, you just have to stop thinking TDF is all.
Hugs.

Love Carly. xxx

FlashGordoll
01-10-2015, 09:29 AM
Hi Carly,
If they change anything I'd be willing to help.. I've got several big hammers, some double sided tape, some big ass saws and some welding gear.:tu

Just a general observation, there are forum sections here like Honeydolls, Lifedoll which appear to be somewhat dead, Cassidoll no longer exists as well. They still need to exist but its all extra clutter on the main index.

Silicone-Art are a reputable Japanese manufacturer but little is know about them in the Western world, I try my best to promote Yuuko's charms but it gets lost in areas like 'dolls in general' which I find a shame because she's a great doll and the manufacturer deserves to have more credit in the Western world. They do ship dolls all over the world after all.:wall

Cyber Ted
02-10-2015, 10:09 PM
I'll look into this when I get back to the UK. :tu

I'll have a ton of catching up to do as I want to read all the meet threads but once I'm up to speed with the forum we can have a look at the forum sections for other Japanese dolls. :)

CT

FlashGordoll
03-10-2015, 08:58 AM
Cheers CT,:)
Whenever you have the time for it mate, if you need any help/input just drop me a message and I'll be glad to help anyway I possibly can.;)