PDA

View Full Version : Wat's up with this?

Joe Bin
09-11-2015, 06:43 AM
:wtf, I was in the middle of posting a photo story and suddenly it got moved apparently by an admin. This made me loose a full page of editing work, and now apparently I need a special password which I don't have to finish the story. :wtf:wtf:wtf

revoL annaerB
09-11-2015, 08:16 AM
Sorry about that, it was moved by a mod to the backstage area so it would be out of sight of other members while you built your thread.

PM sent with the password.

When it is finished please contact a mod and they will move it to The Kemble or wherever you want it.

philinotstine
09-11-2015, 03:42 PM
My apologies Joe. Its just that I saw it in the open and thought you wouldn't want it seen til completed. Thought I was helping out and forgot about the password. DOH! :o

pasinkaz
09-11-2015, 03:51 PM
Sad to hear that Joe....doing it all over can be hard to do...get the right angle again.

I haven't tried this yet, but can one "prepare" a story in WORD and then copy-paste it into the forum, including pictures?
This would help a lot.

Pasinkaz

philinotstine
09-11-2015, 04:04 PM
Once more I can;t apologise enough for moving the thread. I really did think I was being helpful but didn;t realise til now that it affected the actual pictures etc.
However time and time again it has been explained that ongoing posts can be put into the backstage forum;be clearly marked "backstage" and then moved into the apropriate forum by a pm to a mod.

Haremlover
09-11-2015, 04:20 PM
It sounds as though something very exciting is about to happen.

Best wishes

Harem

revoL annaerB
09-11-2015, 04:34 PM
Nothing exciting is about to happen. A mistake was made, we've all made them, and we don't know the extent of the potential damage anyway, the only way anything could have been lost is if Joe was creating a post at the same time as it was moved...anything posted within the thread prior to it being moved will still be there.

Hopefully nothing or very little has gone and Joe now has the password to access his thread.

Joe Bin
10-11-2015, 02:04 AM
Nothing exciting is about to happen. A mistake was made, we've all made them, and we don't know the extent of the potential damage anyway, the only way anything could have been lost is if Joe was creating a post at the same time as it was moved...anything posted within the thread prior to it being moved will still be there.

Hopefully nothing or very little has gone and Joe now has the password to access his thread.

Thanks Revol. That is exactly what happened. I was working on a post in edit mode when the thread was moved. I had the first page almost done and suddenly, I could not save it without a password. Fortunately I do have it all laid out in a word processor, and I think I can remember all the changes I made in the unsaved post. Therefor all that was really lost is time. Now that I have the pass word I can finnish it tonight.

Joe Bin
10-11-2015, 02:12 AM
Once more I can;t apologise enough for moving the thread. I really did think I was being helpful but didn;t realise til now that it affected the actual pictures etc.
However time and time again it has been explained that ongoing posts can be put into the backstage forum;be clearly marked "backstage" and then moved into the apropriate forum by a pm to a mod.
All is forgiven Phil.:tu It was partly my fault I guess, because I did not know that using the back stage is mandatory. Being in an 8 hour different time zone, I can usually get my photo story's posted while everyone else is sleeping, This time I started an our too early and you cought me in the act.:D

Joe Bin
10-11-2015, 02:18 AM
Sad to hear that Joe....doing it all over can be hard to do...get the right angle again.

I haven't tried this yet, but can one "prepare" a story in WORD and then copy-paste it into the forum, including pictures?
This would help a lot.

Pasinkaz

That is the way I do it, but you still have to format the text within the post, and link the photos from your photo album. I also make a lot of changes while posting the text. This will now be my first time using the backstage and I do have to admit there will be less pressure to get it done quick.

Joe Bin
10-11-2015, 02:20 AM
It sounds as though something very exciting is about to happen.

Best wishes

Harem

Nothing vary exciting. Just another one of my silly Buffy adventures that you all probably have to pretend to like.

philinotstine
10-11-2015, 06:49 AM
No pretending from me pal.I think your Buffy stories are quirky and fun and I apreciate the hard work in creating them.

revoL annaerB
10-11-2015, 07:55 PM
Another point to remember is, Buffy doesn't have a skeleton to work with which makes the job of posing that much harder.

Trust me, we don't pretend to like Buffy's adventures, we don't need to pretend at all and they are more than welcome here:tu

Despite the issue and lost work I'm really glad that you persevered and got the story uploaded, thank you for that extra effort:)

Joe - No, the backstage area isn't mandatory but it is advisable so members creating stories can take as long as they need without posts interrupting the flow or others reading the thread before it is ready for release. Phil moving your thread was more his consideration for your privacy rather than 'enforcing' rules...but on this occasion it caused some:wtf :eek: :mad: :evil: :wall for you and some :o :( :slapheadfor Phil!