PDA

View Full Version : Adding images (BB Codes) to posts with a tablet device.

Craggy
19-01-2016, 01:10 PM
Hi folks, just a quick ask if anyone uses an iPad type device to access the web and indeed this fine forum?

I can create albums and add images from my tablet into them no problem, but if I wish to add an image into a post I then have to crank up my laptop just so I can (right click) and scroll along to highlight the full BBCode. I was wondering if anyone knows if there's a way to do this with a tablet device- specifically an iPad as I can highlight to 'copy n paste' what's visible in the box- but not the full BBCode as I can't fathom out how to scroll along the full code, or could I just manually type the full code into the message box between the [img] quotes to do this?

As you can probably guess I spend more time accessing the web on the 'fly' n not sat at a computer these days..:wall

Thanks in advance if anyone can help shed some light on this :)

revoL annaerB
19-01-2016, 01:13 PM
This is an issue another member had, you are not alone:no:

Typing the BB code manually works but is obviously a bit time-consuming.

Sometimes when you highlight the text on a tablet you get start and end markers, if you drag the end marker past the end of the text box it may scroll it along.

Craggy
19-01-2016, 01:23 PM
Many thanks revol, it's certainly fiddly scrolling the end markers with tablets but I've never managed to get the text highlighted beneath to scroll along beyond the box.

I know tablets are a compromise over the functionality of a computer, but we'll keep trying if my patience holds out first lol :wall

Thanks for replying tho:)

revoL annaerB
19-01-2016, 01:33 PM
I have sent a PM regarding your problem:tu