PDA

View Full Version : Uploading problem again.

philinotstine
08-10-2016, 06:52 PM
It could well be my end (wouldn't be the first time) but I'm having a
nightmare with the picture uploader. When I try to upload 5 pics it takes about 8 minutes and them jumbles them all out of sequence. I've resorted to uploading one pic at a time and thats taking forever.
Just thought I'd report it in case anyone else is having difficulties. GGGRRRRR...... back to the ordeal...

cuddly
08-10-2016, 07:26 PM
Hey Phil,

while poking in the dark here - have you tried to resize the images to the server permitted size AND reducing their quality slightly to fit the filesize limitation as well? That should reduce the server side load to the minimum and speed up the process considerably. Only the picture (dis-) order remains a mystery to me.

Cu cuddly and Lian

philinotstine
08-10-2016, 08:16 PM
Hi Cuddly. I may try that on smaller picture groups but this one is taking an eternity as it is without doing all that as well. Thanks for the advice though, mate.

revoL annaerB
08-10-2016, 08:31 PM
I don't know what size your images are when they leave PSP but it would be best to make the last thing you do to each pic a resize to maximum 800 x 800, most will be around 800 x 600 when reduced. If it helps, [SHIFT] S on the keyboard brings up the resize window, after you do the first one it will have the same settings dialed in. This keyboard shortcut should speed up part of the process for future projects.

It may be an idea to have a look at the properties of some of the pics you are uploading and see what the dimensions are, the further away from 800 x 800 the longer it takes the forum software to resize for you. If they are very large then, as daft as it may sound, it would be quicker to resize them yourself and then upload.

The random order of photo uploads is something which seems to come and go for no particular reason:confused:

Dongo
08-10-2016, 09:01 PM
The photos of Bambi that I uploaded two days ago were already resized to 800 x 600 and they did take longer than usual. I had to do them one at a time having tried to do two together I lost the will to live while waiting.

philinotstine
08-10-2016, 09:57 PM
I always resize my pictures in psp almost without fail.

philinotstine
09-10-2016, 11:08 AM
As I said Holly its probably my end. Crap broadband etc.

Dongo
09-10-2016, 06:09 PM
As I said Holly its probably my end. Crap broadband etc.

Join the club!