PDA

View Full Version : Award Nomination - gdj67

Samurai
11-07-2017, 05:42 PM
I would also like to Nominate gdj67's for the "Wetsuit Silver Star" For a selfless act to a Member or Members of the UK Love Doll Forum.

He has given away to another member of the forum 2 dolls with no financial reward to himself, all the reciver had to do was pay for postage, i personaly think this was a crazy wonderfull thing to do and also in this case and fits within the criteria of the award.

So i here by nominate gdj67 for The "Wetsuit Silver Star"

Samurai...

philinotstine
11-07-2017, 07:06 PM
Again agreed plus when I PM'd him that I;m mega-skint he even paid for post/packaging himself. Well deserved (unlike me sending Caroline/Tilly to Australia for free because I was so evil I made Arkangel pay for P&P :p;):D)

Samurai
11-07-2017, 07:10 PM
Again agreed plus when I PM'd him that I;m mega-skint he even paid for post/packaging himself. Well deserved (unlike me sending Caroline/Tilly to Australia for free because I was so evil I made Arkangel pay for P&P :p;):D)

Well thats even more reason, thanks Phil

Also Australia is on another planet so can't say i would have done any different :whistle:

:tu

mi6c
11-07-2017, 07:13 PM
You have my support. :)

Dongo
11-07-2017, 09:26 PM
Yes, my vote too!!

Haremlover
11-07-2017, 09:33 PM
More than that. He's also a knight in shining armour who rescues maidens in distress and willing to go to the ends of the earth to do so.

Best wishes

Harem

Ursa_Major
11-07-2017, 11:07 PM
You've got my vote too. :tu

Cyber Ted
11-07-2017, 11:27 PM
Thanks for the nomination Sam and to all the seconders and supporters :D

A Wetsuit Silver Star is definitely deserved to mark gdj67's generosity in sending those dolls to a fellow member completely at his own expense. :b

Another selfless act, very much in the spirit of this forum. :tu

gjd67, it is my pleasure to award you, on behalf of the whole forum, a Wetsuit Silver Star.

http://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/forum/picture.php?albumid=670&pictureid=12759

Congratulations on your award, :tu the small star below will now attach itself to your signature by the power of forum magic. ;)

http://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/forum/picture.php?albumid=670&pictureid=12760

CT

HHDel
12-07-2017, 01:36 AM
:b gjd67...Congratulation, well done. You get it rightly !!!

Samurai
12-07-2017, 04:18 PM
Congrats Gdj67 its a grand thing you did and worthy of the award. :b

psion satori
12-07-2017, 08:48 PM
Bloody hell Sam, i dont know what to say.

I was speechless when i read this last nightband and still not quite sure how to respond, so ill just write what comes to mind.......

Obviously im very flattered, so thanks for the nomination and all those that seconded, but there's a little more to the story than just me being philanthropic, and as ill try and explain, I really can't take all the credit.

My reasons for giving the dolls away were two fold. Firstly, the dolls were originally owned buy Kate, and those of you who know her will know how much they meant to her, and how much they helped her through a challenging time in her life. And while the girls are incredible works of art in their own right, I never really 'clicked' with them and I've always felt a little guilty that I never gave the girls as much attention as Kate and a little embarrassed that I didnt post any pics so that she was able to see that they were safe and well. I therefore wanted to ensure that they went to someone that would right my wrongs and give them the attention they deserve.

Secondly, and more importantly, at the same time I was thinking about selling my two dolls, I was fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of another forum members selflessness. Earlier this year, I was given an almost new doll, Jenny, by Haremlover. At the time I thought he was crazy; the doll was almost brand new and apart from a minor tear in the TPE she was in perfect condition. The tear was easily repaired and now Jenny gets more attention than i'd care to admit :whistle:

Anyway, I digress. The point im trying to make is that it was Haremlover's generosity that made me reconsider my own mercenary tendencies and got me thinking that maybe I should return the favour in some way to someone that would really appreciate the dolls, as much as I appreciate Jenny. It was while reading through Kates original posts about the dolls that i discovered Phil's obvious obsession with them and that he would have bought them from Kate if funds had permitted. It was clear that he was smitten with the girls, so my decission to pack them of to him was really a 'no brainer'!

That said, if it hadnt of been for Haremlover's initial generosity to me , then I'd have put the girls up for sale and they'd never have ended up in Phil's loving care. I therefore think that Haremlover deserves the award just as much as I do. His actions meet the requirements of the rules, and it was his actions that encouraged me to follow suit, so I think it only right that we share this silver star :)

FEZMONKEY
12-07-2017, 10:25 PM
:b On your well deserved award gdj67 :b

FM

HHDel
13-07-2017, 02:29 AM
http://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=9199&stc=1&d=1499912941

philinotstine
13-07-2017, 06:02 AM
CONGRATS on your award and thanks again G :b

ARK ANGEL
13-07-2017, 02:35 PM
Agreed, a great and honorable gesture, well deserved.:b

Pete.

ARK ANGEL
13-07-2017, 02:53 PM

Geez Phil, was only a few Ozzy bucks. probably barely converted to half a crown. :21
Seriously, I gladly would have paid twice what I did if I had it, Tilly has a history that means more than money, she has been in the presence of many people I hold in high esteem, in reality, she is probably the closest I'll ever get to a doll meet.

Pete.

Hinata
13-07-2017, 05:19 PM
Congratulations gdj67 :tu

Dongo
13-07-2017, 09:11 PM
Many congrats gdj67!:happy:happy:drink:drink