UK Love Doll Forums

UK Love Doll Forums (https://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Fashion forum (G) (https://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Tutorial: eyebrow refresh. (https://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=12658)

Amydoll 10-09-2019 07:53 AM

Brilliant thanks eco, I'll give it a go when I get time. Are the stencils all a standard size? I bought some not long ago but never tried them as they looked to big.

ecobod 10-09-2019 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amydoll (Post 164135)
Brilliant thanks eco, I'll give it a go when I get time. Are the stencils all a standard size? I bought some not long ago but never tried them as they looked to big.

Pretty much, maybe a millimetre difference here and there with the different shapes. Though, with using this method, if the stencils are too big, it wouldn't matter because they get shaped to size.
eco

algaeholics 10-09-2019 10:05 AM

Just wondering if the acrylic paint would flake off? Essentially, it's a fairly non-stretchable plastic when compared against TPE.

Good effect though, but my eyesight is so crap it would be wasted on me. :D

ecobod 10-09-2019 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shannon16 (Post 164127)
WOW, that's a really great effect.:b
But how will I remember it when I need to do Pixi...oo-er, sounds a bit rude.:D

S xx

You'll find the thread in the fashion forum, if ever you feel like trying.
eco

ecobod 10-09-2019 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by algaeholics (Post 164139)
Just wondering if the acrylic paint would flake off? Essentially, it's a fairly non-stretchable plastic when compared against TPE.

Good effect though, but my eyesight is so crap it would be wasted on me. :D

With lots of experiments in the past, I've found when the paint is too thick, it will flake or fall off in one chunk because of the difference with flexibility and weakness bonding to the material; painting tpe teeth white, for example, has resulted in a mess. Yet, acrylic paint does have some flex to it. Used thinly, like for eyebrows, it holds up better. It will like most make up wear away the more it's handled, it's not a permanent thing.
Failing eyesight, these days I've glasses to see things in the distance, glasses to see things close up, and anything in between doesn't exist anymore.
eco

PDutus 10-09-2019 04:31 PM

I agree with the others: very useful post Eco. Many thanks :)

ClosetDollFan 03-12-2019 09:58 AM

Excellent tutorial, Eco! Thanks for sharing your talents :)

ecobod 03-12-2019 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClosetDollFan (Post 170353)
Excellent tutorial, Eco! Thanks for sharing your talents :)

Glad you liked it. Maybe in the future it's something you could use.
eco

ClosetDollFan 03-12-2019 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecobod (Post 170361)
Glad you liked it. Maybe in the future it's something you could use.
eco

Haha, don't tempt me! I actually have a Doll Makeup tutorial video open in another tab right now, it's a slow work day and your eyebrow post piqued my interest ;)

jock001 03-12-2019 04:18 PM

eyelashes

maybe not right thread, but how do you get eyelashes to stick to TPE and also silicon. Superglue OK ? Would it also work to keep a bit of velcro on head to stop wigs falling off?