UK Love Doll Forums

UK Love Doll Forums (http://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Dolls in General Forum. (http://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Reattaching Eyelashes (http://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=13552)

ChittyBA 25-04-2020 07:48 PM

Reattaching Eyelashes

Just a quick question.

Does anyone have any recommendations for any kind of glue to reattach eyelashes on TPE dolls?

Thankís, Andrew.

algaeholics 25-04-2020 08:09 PM

Superglue.

REMOVE THE EYES FIRST!

Drop a few spots onto scrap paper, then transfer TO THE LASH with a toothpick.

SG dries VERY quickly to TPE, hence you should apply to the lash first.

Do in sections, a bit at a time.

ChittyBA 25-04-2020 08:56 PM

Thankís algaeholocs. Iíll give it a try.

Sadly some of the eyelash came away when I was changing her eyes.

Anung Un Rama 26-04-2020 02:54 AM

Tweezers, no shakes and patience. A Good light source on the target helps a lot too.

Sections at a time is something I may try myself:tu

All in one go when on the glue clock is challenging!

Anung

Amydoll 26-04-2020 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anung Un Rama (Post 181878)
Tweezers, no shakes and patience. A Good light source on the target helps a lot too.

Sections at a time is something I may try myself:tu

All in one go when on the glue clock is challenging!

Anung

Lol at no shakes, shes the love of my life I was absolutely petrified during my first attempt, (at lashes) was shaking so much I thought she'd left her vibrator on

Matt35uk 26-04-2020 11:57 AM

Having to do it with the eyes out doesn't sound ideal, since popping the eyes in and out is surely the number one cause of them coming off in the first place?

algaeholics 26-04-2020 12:32 PM

Indeed Matt, but I find the manufacturer uses so little glue that detaching is inevitable.

Once the lash is in place and glued, don't be frightened to add more glue afterwards to strengthen the bond...!

THEN add back in the eyes.

Separating TPE from an eye is no fun.

I'm a 'brown eyed girl' kinda chap, so I never insert eyes beyond their initial installation.

Of my six miscreants, three have my AI Eyelids installed and all have the AI Eye Backs so lashes are less of a problem for me.

Muninn 26-04-2020 03:23 PM

Ugh, gluing eyelashes is one of the most annoying jobs ever!

Quote:

Originally Posted by algaeholics (Post 181908)
Separating TPE from an eye is no fun.

That reminds me, I need to try and remove some superglue from one of Lynne's eyes, haven't worked out the best procedure for that yet.

algaeholics 26-04-2020 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muninn (Post 181924)
Ugh, gluing eyelashes is one of the most annoying jobs ever!

That reminds me, I need to try and remove some superglue from one of Lynne's eyes, haven't worked out the best procedure for that yet.

Acetone will usefully dissolve superglue... BUT it will also dissolve the ABS the eyes are made from...

Plan 'C'... 🤷🏼

oldgreysoulboy 11-12-2020 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by algaeholics (Post 181925)
Acetone will usefully dissolve superglue... BUT it will also dissolve the ABS the eyes are made from...

Plan 'C'... 🤷🏼

Amazon has 2 suprglue removers side by side, one for £2 and another for £9.

Neither specifically mention TPE among their compatible products Two pouind version and Nine pound version

I don't know which if either of them will do the job. So ... does anyone have a go to product that they could point me to?

Thanks,
Ogsby