UK Love Doll Forums

UK Love Doll Forums (https://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   The Doll House (G) (https://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   taking the piss (https://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=17837)

The-Doll-House 19-01-2023 08:19 PM

taking the piss

Why is everyone who wants to buy a cheap doll from elsewhere (we know who) want me to sell their doll at a huge profit?

If you buy from me, I will endeavour to get you the best price, but please don't expect me to sell your doll at a huge price when you purchase from elsewhere.

When did people get their ideas so out of kilter?

psion satori 19-01-2023 08:30 PM

52% need I say more! :wall

Tommo10 19-01-2023 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The-Doll-House (Post 288709)
Why is everyone who wants to buy a cheap doll from elsewhere (we know who) want me to sell their doll at a huge profit?

If you buy from me, I will endeavour to get you the best price, but please don't expect me to sell your doll at a huge price when you purchase from elsewhere.

When did people get their ideas so out of kilter?

Please explain more, I am very interested. :whistle:.

Ava Love 19-01-2023 08:42 PM

Maybe they're looking at the way 2ndhand cars and vans went recently and expect almost full price when selling instead of the 30 - 40% drop you normally get as soon as it's off the forecourt.

A big dose of reality required for some.

algaeholics 20-01-2023 07:19 AM

Perhaps they are asking you to sell on their emotional attachment (or lack thereof) as part of the deal!

...or perhaps they believe a used doll has more appeal to a certain contingent.

...or perhaps... no, no, lets not get too deep... :p

Muninn 20-01-2023 04:12 PM

Same with anything second hand these days. I laugh at the prices that live in vans and campers are going for at the minute. I could sell my rust ridden non-runner for £10,000 if the typical adverts are anything to go by. I just need to put "vintage" or some other hipster buzzword into the description :D

As for dolls, Lynne says that she's worth a million quid, so that's the lowest I'd accept*. It'd save me a fortune on clothes, coffee and biscuits too :whistle:

*No, she is NOT for sale :p

Adam&Emma 20-01-2023 06:51 PM

Im with Munin. My girls go up in value every day 🤪

Lulu1971 20-01-2023 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam&Emma (Post 288811)
Im with Munin. My girls go up in value every day 🤪

Mine (boys and girl) do too. No one could offer me enough money to part with them.

In the car front, at least I made a 10% profit when I sold the last one!

Miss Lisa Shufflebum 20-01-2023 08:49 PM

sorry guys you just cant buy luv'

sex maybe :D

Lisa xxx

Adam&Emma 20-01-2023 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miss Lisa Shufflebum (Post 288840)
sorry guys you just cant buy luv'

sex maybe :D

Lisa xxx

Tried that once... Wasnt something id wanna do again lol