UK Love Doll Forums

UK Love Doll Forums (https://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Help forum (https://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Forgot password. (https://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=9061)

Sandy 29-09-2016 08:05 PM

Forgot password.

Samurai........Last night i had a pc crash and have now no access to that pc. I have on order a couple of recovery discs that i hope will help. If it does not the every photo i took at the meet may be lost.

Anyway i have another pc with windows 10 which i hate with a passion and i forgot my password to log into my account. I have used the reset password like 3 times now but get no email informing me of my new pass.

So if some nice kind admin can have a little look and see whats going on i would be greatfull.

Sam aka Samurai...:)

Wulfie 29-09-2016 08:25 PM

Done :tu PM sent

Samurai 29-09-2016 08:30 PM

Who's afraid of the big bad wolfie. Not me :D

Thanks Mr wolfie :tu

Sam..

Hinata 29-09-2016 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy&Mandy (Post 104363)
Samurai........Last night i had a pc crash and have now no access to that pc. I have on order a couple of recovery discs that i hope will help. If it does not the every photo i took at the meet may be lost.

Anyway i have another pc with windows 10 which i hate with a passion and i forgot my password to log into my account. I have used the reset password like 3 times now but get no email informing me of my new pass.

So if some nice kind admin can have a little look and see whats going on i would be greatfull.

Sam aka Samurai...:)

If the hard disk is fine,the pictures can be saved. But remember, if you have to save your files, do not format it, save first!

A linux live USB Key can be a great help (Was perfect for Minato's laptop!), but it's not for everyone... And you are a bit far... :mad:

Karrot 29-09-2016 08:42 PM

Happy to have a look at recovery if need be mate, just let me know.

Also how hard is it to remember password123 ?????? :rolleyes:

Karrot

Samurai 30-09-2016 05:49 PM

Thanks Wulfie / Karrot I received 2 disks today and although they have not fixed the problem, one of them has allowed me to explore the hard drive and retrieve the photos and transfer them onto a usb drive so a sigh of relief from me as I had done a shoot in the b and b think I may have shown a couple of pics but there was around 200, anyway got these and the rest will take time but result in the end.

Cheers..:tu

Sam..:)

Wulfie 30-09-2016 06:26 PM

That's so good to hear. I've lost loads after my last but one crashed but recovered about 80%. :(

Now about making them into albums on here so you have a back up and the threads ect for Members to enjoy. :rulez

and whilst your at it, side view shots of Robin in denims :whistle::cool:

revoL annaerB 30-09-2016 06:54 PM

The only thing I can say is.....BACKUP! and I don't mean you are in my personal space:p It really is worth buying a spare external hard drive for backing up to. I don't delete from the memory card until I have the photos in at least two locations;)

The main thing is, you have the photos on this occasion, if there's a next time you may not be so lucky, been there done that in the past:o

Frederick 01-10-2016 07:19 AM

Backup is very important. A simple way that is often overlooked is to keep the memory card and buy new for each shoot. Memory cards are cheap enough now to do that.

algaeholics 01-10-2016 07:57 AM

Remember to backup your backups - don't rely on one only!