UK Love Doll Forums

UK Love Doll Forums (https://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Help forum (https://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Posted photos no longer appearing/not loading (https://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=15377)

Zang 29-05-2021 01:25 PM

Posted photos no longer appearing/not loading

1 Attachment(s)
Hey all,

Something weird seems to be going on here (and it seems to be only happening to me! :mad: ).

Just a few days ago, my usual browser (Opera) stopped displaying certain photos here at UKLDF. For example, in this month's Photo Challenge poll thread, only about 25% of the photos are currently displayed, and all the rest aren't even there at all. Even in the main Photo Challenge thread for the month, they've recently just vanished (as seen in screencap). A very similar result happens with a different browser (Safari).

I definitely remember seeing all the photos while browsing earlier in the month, so what's going on? Something on my end, apparently... something I can adjust, hopefully...

shamus 29-05-2021 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zang (Post 220237)
Hey all,

Something weird seems to be going on here (and it seems to be only happening to me! :mad: ).

Just a few days ago, my usual browser (Opera) stopped displaying certain photos here at UKLDF. For example, in this month's Photo Challenge poll thread, only about 25% of the photos are currently displayed, and all the rest aren't even there at all. Even in the main Photo Challenge thread for the month, they've recently just vanished (as seen in screencap). A very similar result happens with a different browser (Safari).

I definitely remember seeing all the photos while browsing earlier in the month, so what's going on? Something on my end, apparently... something I can adjust, hopefully...

I know that if the photo's are on the site rather than third party hosted such as via IMGbb you have to be logged on in order to see them. Assuming that is not the issue though, it could be your security settings are preventing you seeing images. To get to your security settings in Opera its :

Alt+P
Privacy and Security
Site Settings
Images
Show All

It is possible when changing browsers that setting get transferred automaticaly to the new browser incorrectly.

I don't use Opera myself (I use Firefox).

HTH,

Shamus.

shybob 29-05-2021 01:44 PM

I’d second the “are you logged in?” Check
It’s almost always that
SB

Tommo10 29-05-2021 01:50 PM

Strangely enough to I have been having similar issues using Google Chrome and a Google Android device, I could view all the photos on my phone and certain members photos were missing on my pc, :confused: then one evening, I realised when trying to view Age restricted YouTube reviews of dolls, it wouldn't let me on my pc, I had already submitted my driver's license on my phone, and could watch them on that, I then noticed I had two Google accounts, one in my Real name and the other been the other me:rolleyes: when I logged into Google on the pc in the same account that is on my phone it let me view the photos.

Possibly no use at all, but someone with tech knowledge might understand.

Zang 29-05-2021 05:26 PM

Well, when I'm browsing here at UKLDF, I'm always logged in. :cool:

Cheers shamus for the suggestions, but the settings over here already seemed to be in order (Images > Show All was already toggled 'on').
I did add UKLDF to an 'allow insecure content' list, but it hasn't made a difference.

Well, here's a list of Photo Challenge entries I can still view:
(Maybe this can help with the tech detective work)
- Amydoll
- Serval78
- algaeholics
- Lulu1971
- Therian
- tommie987654321
- Karrot
- [mine]
- After Dark
- For Real
- PDutus
- svevo
- dollman2
- Esjayell

(which amounts to 14 out of 23, which is more like 60%, not 25% like I thought; yeah, I was never very good at math :D )

ranger42 29-05-2021 05:34 PM

I am checking through and based on the first half-dozen it looks like you are missing the images from imgbb. Can you get to https://ibb.co?

Zang 30-05-2021 07:37 AM

Nope -- a privacy warning screen comes up instead, in both Opera and Safari.

Something about ibb.co seems to be the problem, all right; wonder if I can find a way to make my browsers accept that site.

I did used to use Firefox and Chrome as my main browsers, but moved away from them for some reason (don't remember why).

algaeholics 30-05-2021 07:59 AM

Check your plugins Zang... Temporarily disable them, then re-enable one by one.

Zang 30-05-2021 04:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Actually don't think there are any plug-ins at the moment (took a long look throughout the prefs...).

Decided to start & update Firefox, tried loading the poll page again...
same damn trouble!! What the hell is this?!?

ranger42 30-05-2021 09:55 PM

Router or ISP level filtering? Web filtering by your AntiVirus product?
Any more details on the privacy warning?