UK Love Doll Forums

UK Love Doll Forums (https://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Introductions Forum (G) (https://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Time to say hello, (https://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=19479)

Thumper 10-01-2024 03:43 PM

Time to say hello,

Greetings everyone,
I have recently joined, and am looking forward to knowledge that I may be able to obtain.
Due to circumstances outwith my control, I find myself alone. And have been since July last year.
I am fascinated by some of the ladies available on the market and truly am ready to dive down the rabbit hole..

So many questions, Silicone, TPE, Hair, Quality, Caring for, legalities etc.
My wife was a petite lady, so short in stature will always be my preference (petite but not overly youthful, thats not me!).

Any guidance or images (Where to purchase from) would be gratefully appreciated.

I would prefer to purchase within th U.K., as I live in Scotland.

many thanks in advance to anyone who reaches out to me with guidance.:tu

poppy70 10-01-2024 04:08 PM

:welcome Thumper and have a look around here.

The most important measure for legality is height and if you go with a UK based vendor you should be fine. As I am not from the UK I cannot recommend one but others will surely help with that.

Dolls are beautiful companions and more but don't let yourself fool with the pictures, our girls don't move or do anything in the household so you need to be prepared for that. Else they are great fun.

Have a look around, lots of topics about dolls have been often discusssed and you should be able to find a lot of good and valuable info.

Jo

Jedzed 10-01-2024 05:07 PM

Hi Thumper and :welcome

I’m no expert myself as I’ve only recently gotten into dolls. Really great fun though - especially the photography and just having my doll, Harper, around the house or lying in bed next to me.
One consideration I would have myself if buying another doll is the weight. Harper has a weight of 40kg and I find it quite tiring to move and manipulate her when preparing her for photos, dressing her up etc.. It’s a pretty good workout and my arms are often aching the next day! I’m just 5’9” and around 11.5 st. myself, so I’d definitely go for something lighter next time.

Have fun.

Tommo10 10-01-2024 05:20 PM

Welcome to UKLDF. :tu

Karrot 10-01-2024 05:24 PM

Hi Thumper, Welcome.

Weight is oft given as a warning, and should be heeded. I have a 43Kg girl who is a joy to have as she's very naturally proportioned, but she's a weight to move about. in comparison I have other who are around 34 Kg and are very much easier to handle.

All that aside, you'll find an array of info here to wade through and we always try to answer questions.

Have fun

K

Ich Will 10-01-2024 05:31 PM

HI, be careful what you wish for, this rabbit hole is a very deep one.
I am far from an expert (cue Tommo, Adam, Karrot et al) but do look at the weight of the prospective lady. A WM 166c (33kg) although shorter is noticeably heavier than a WM 159c (39kg) , so height alone is not an indicator of lightness.
I believe the legal minimum height is 148cm, but as Poppy said, if you use a UK supplier, you should be ok.
I have only used the doll house and cloud climax, so can't advise on others.
If you post a link to any that you are interested in, someone will offer any advice that you ask for

Ava Love 10-01-2024 05:37 PM

Welcome, which part of Scotland are you in? I'm up in the North East corner.

No one can tell you if you're going to be able to get on with a doll and that will only be discovered with firsthand experience. On that basis I would suggest buying 2ndhand first time around so as you don't lose too much money if it isn't for you.

Thumper 10-01-2024 06:12 PM

Many thanks Jo.

Thumper 10-01-2024 06:15 PM

Thanks Jedzed, I will keep that in the forefront of my mind.

Thumper 10-01-2024 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tommo10 (Post 314717)
Welcome to UKLDF. :tu

Cheers Tommo10