UK Love Doll Forums

UK Love Doll Forums (https://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Help forum (https://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Picture question (https://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=11116)

philinotstine 27-07-2018 05:43 AM

Picture question

Do you think its ok to post old pictures of a doll you have sold on when the new owner never posts pictures of her?
I certainly do as it keeps her "alive" on the forum.

ARK ANGEL 27-07-2018 07:07 AM

Got no problem with that personally.
I guess it's all in the reason and context, surely stories would be appropriate at least.

Pete.

Tommo10 27-07-2018 09:28 AM

Hi Phil,
I don't see any problem with it at all.

But I wouldn't have a problem with someone posting photos they had taken when they owned the doll and I now owned the doll and was posting photos also.

Thanks Phil, you have sent my mind in overdrive.

I don't think you should make a thread dedicated to the dolls you once own, that may be a bit much:24

But I don't see any problem with someone posting a old photo in a new thread. e.g I started the Pretty in pink thread the other day and I don't think anyone should have a problem with people posting photos of dolls that are fitting in with that post whether you own them still or not.

Regards
Tommo :tu
Might be worth asking Sam what he thinks on the subject :21:21

FlashGordoll 27-07-2018 10:32 AM

I can't see any problem with it, they are you're photos after all and like you say it keeps her alive. :tu

algaeholics 27-07-2018 10:49 AM

No problem at all, as long as the doll in question has signed a waiver stating that her image is not subject to copyright and agreeing that her privacy is not at risk.

Like that's gonna happen...

Relax sir.

Cyber Ted 27-07-2018 10:57 AM

Likewise, I see no problem in posting pictures that anyone took when the doll belonged to them. :tu

I guess the only exception would be if the new owner specifically didn't want that to happen.

CT

Karrot 27-07-2018 02:02 PM

And as long as its clear the doll is no longer yours :)

I've posted many photos of other members dolls taken at Meets. As on as the facts are there, i see no issue..

K

philinotstine 27-07-2018 03:36 PM

What I meant specifically is if the new owner was posting pics of the doll offcourse I would have the courtesy to ask if they minded me posting old pics but if the new owner posted no pictures of her whatsoever I see it as fair game.

Tommo10 27-07-2018 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philinotstine (Post 133369)
What I meant specifically is if the new owner was posting pics of the doll offcourse I would have the courtesy to ask if they minded me posting old pics but if the new owner posted no pictures of her whatsoever I see it as fair game.

Hi Phil,

Although I posted earlier how I feel about it, sensibly you are better splitting it into 3 questions or stages.
1. If the person who now owns the doll is posting pictures - ask them if is ok or not (like you said above)
2. If the person who now owns the doll doesn't post pictures but is regularly on the forum - then as above, ask them if it is okay.
3. If the person who now owns the doll doesn't post pics and doesn't really use the forum much or at all since the purchasing the doll, then they were most probably only here to get the doll in the first place and if you ask you won't get a reply - so therefore fair game.

Best Regards
Tommo

algaeholics 27-07-2018 04:39 PM

Ethically speaking, you should perhaps contact the new owner.

Legally speaking, as you pressed the shutter, you are the Copyright owner.