Thread: Mechadoll stand
View Single Post
Old 21-07-2017, 03:45 PM
Silver Member

Your welcome needadreamgirl I know what its like lifting a heavy doll.

The base is pretty much done, its exactly the same dimensions as my original and here you can see the 2 X extra bits at the back (without them added and without a doll attached the winch weight made it a bit back heavy so this fixes the problem).

This is the top of the base so far:

I had a thought that if you use this on a concrete floor or other hard surface outside say for photos.. the paint will get scratched off and it could end up going rusty on the underneath.

So to prevent that I came up with welding some sections of stainless steel sheet to the bottom, that way if they do get scuffed it doesn't matter and they won't go rusty.

The red arrows point to the stainless steel sections on the underside of the base.

That's the first bit anyway, I'm waiting on the winch to arrive some time next week and then I'll start the top half of the stand.

I've got all the paint so I'll be spraying it with a 2K primer and 2K matt black when the fabrication is all done. It looks like poop at the moment but trust me once painted it will look super.

Still got a lot to do.