Thread: Hello
View Single Post
Old 14-05-2022, 10:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidtoys View Post
Let me try that with my local BMW and get back to you on that.
The photos are of the actual model which we have sold previously. Customers can request photos for specific skus and we can email those to them.

Hiya matey,

if they don't go for it then dump them as they are not keeping to centrally dictated BMW policy. My main dealers are Knights BMW, Radford Bank, Stafford. They also have a showroom in Stoke. Used them for the past 30 years and (almost) never had an issue.

I say almost as I fellout with them relatively recently because my car had a loss of power. They had it for three days at £140 an an hour and couldn't find the fault. Eventually took the car back off them, drove to my local spit and sawdust garage and as soon as I got out of the car the mechanic said "Sounds like your timing chains gone there mate".

I had just got out the car! BMW had it for three days hooked up to a diagnostics machine and couldn't suss it.

I really get the impression that main dealers are all about selling you new cars, not fixing the one's that you already have.

However, that aside, you walk in there and want to test drive every car on the lot, they're fine with it as they want to sell you a car.

I get the impression that you drive beemers as well. Do you feel that they have deteriorated over the last twenty years? I may go Mercedes next after the complete debarcle of the timing chain.