View Single Post
Old 30-09-2012, 05:03 PM
Platinum Member

Zang's eyelid mod has got to be the simplest and most effective mod going. All the girls, of whatever type, just look so adorable when asleep.

Having a couple of hours to myself last night I decided to make Jen some more eyelids in different 'eyeshadow' colours and thought I might also experiment with some ideas for improvements.

Firstly, I tried making a set of lids out a sheet of thin pastel coloured foam but found that this material lacked the adhesion qualities of felt and although just slightly thicker than the felt, this was sufficient to give them a slightly odd appearance when in place. Idea one eliminated.

However, still wanting to find a way to improve the fit and improve the durability of the lids, I had another idea which I'm going to try when time allows. I'm going to pin some thin polythene into the plush material around the eyes and make sure that its sitting as smoothly over the eye as possible. I will then place the felt eyelids in place over the eyes and then very carefully paint them with a solution of 3 parts water to one part PVA glue. The theory is that the eyelids will dry hard with the correct degree of curvature to perfectly fit the eye. With care the polythene sheet below will protect the plush material and the eye decal from damage. The PVA at that level of dilution should dry clear with little or no effect on the felt colour.

I'll let you all know how I get on.