View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 07:09 PM
Golden Diamond Member

Default Step by step tutorial for Youtube videos

Ok, for anyone struggling with the new Youtube function I thought I'd do a step by step tut with pics...

First of all open up youtube to the vid you want to include...

Highlight all the text AFTER the =

If you aren't sure how to do this all you do is click immediately after the = and while holding your left mouse button down simply drag the cursor to the end of the text.

Copy this to the clipboard by either right-clicking on the highlighted text and choosing Copy from the dropbox or holding CTRL while pressing the c key.

Then go to this site and start your new post until you are ready to place the video.

The easiest way to insert the video is to paste the text onto your page by either right-clicking and clicking on Paste or holding CTRL while pressing the v key. It will then show this...

VxKfC77XAp8

Double click that text to highlight it and click the Youtube button. It should now look like this...

[YOU.TUBE]VxKfC77XAp8[/YOU.TUBE] Note. The dots were put there just to show how it'll look whilst making the post...I had to include them so the link wouldn't work and you could see how your post will look as you create or edit it.

When you preview the post it should show the youtube window like this...

Then you are ready to post, unless you want to add anything else to the post but this covers the Youtube parts of your post.

Hope this helps, I've tried to do it to cover all computer skill levels but if it's rubbish the mods are welcome to delete the thread...if it's not clear enough please make a comment and I'll modify it until it's okay.

Needless to say some things have more than one way to do but I've just shown what I consider to be the easiest way.

PS. This film looks like it's gonna be funny!