View Single Post
Old 01-05-2024, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam&Emma View Post
Do you mind if I ask a couple of things. Had a look on your link and your pics look great. Nice to see film pics as well. What made you pick dolls as a subject and what do you plan to do with the results.
Hi Adam&Emma, that's very kind of you to say re my work and glad you like shooting on film!

In regard to your questions, I would say that the idea started as a playful curiosity, but has rapidly became a serious exploration of the emotional and psychological ties between owners and their dolls.*I’ve always been fascinated by dolls (perhaps it stemmed from being banned from playing with them by a feminist mum!), and I was considering tackling the subject as a larger way (potentially looking at reborns etc) but I feel that this is a stronger subject on it’s own. Researching into this, I haven’t really seen photographs of people and their dolls shot in a tender and intimate way, only in a sensationalist way and this is something I wanted to do with this project.

My goal is to exhibit these photographs or have them published on a photography platform like It's Nice That. This project is intended as fine art, definitely not as a any kind of tabloid-style exposé.

Last edited by algaeholics; 02-05-2024 at 08:35 AM.