Thread: After The Storm
View Single Post
Old 18-01-2013, 01:25 AM
Gold Excellence Member

As Vera set off to do the dirty work. Lily shuffled a little further away and hummed to herself.

Lily wasn’t squeamish, but this kind of thing was definitely Vera’s area of expertise!

“Ah, my little friend.” Vera proclaimed, as she clambered back to her spot and reloaded, ready for another of those plump deer to appear. “We will eat well this winter!”

"Mmm… let’s see… well, deer steaks, of course… smothered perhaps in some nice sticky barbecue sauce…"
Vera was transported into a world of potential recipes and combinations...
“… and what about a brisket of venison, marinated in a rosemary and bay leaf brine? Ooh yes, and of course sausages for the freezer…”

“And perhaps, with a little practice, I might be able to skewer one or two of those pesky squirrels too!” Vera cackled.

“Well, just as long as you don’t put any new holes in the roof with that bow and arrow of yours!” Lily giggled: silently deciding to herself that she would stick to the venison burgers, which did sound rather tasty the way Vera was describing them!

However, she would steer clear of the squirrel kabobs when they came up on the menu in the next week or two!

Mmmm… free range and organic.” Vera licked her lips, “You can’t beat it!”

[fin]

I have a blog. It's full of pretty pictures. Go and have a look if you like. http://thelesserspottedwomble.blogspot.co.uk/