View Single Post
Old 16-03-2013, 03:29 PM
Golden Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danncooper View Post
I had the idea of having an interview with someone and then dubbing over it with an actors voice and having shots of the doll in discussion and maybe a recreation to avoid any of you being put on a plate for ridicule.

Here is a possible compromise, you start a thread called something like, "Interview questions for my documentary" and you list all of your main questions and request pics that would be permissible for you to use, then when you get a bunch of answers you could counter with secondary questions to fill in the detail of where you want to be. I'm sure many would answer the questions in such an anonymous way and many will probably allow the use of some pics, and there is enough variety on here to show how photography plays a part - that said, we are just doll owners/lovers who enjoy photography, we aren't all experts but have found that we can actually use a camera and have fun sharing with each other.

With that much info and a stack of photos you could have your actor either answering the questions or an actor simply stating some of the answers in a conversational tone backed by photos and maybe slideshows of some of the photo stories(after seeking permission, of course) and you could also have him videoed in a silhouette for anonymity. Maybe even have some parts with a doll photo in the background and scrolling text across the screen.

I think this approach is probably the most acceptable all round but it is just an idea.

Personally, I still wouldn't want to meet you and that is nothing personal, It would be in the back of my mind that you may videoing me surreptitiously.