View Single Post
Old 30-01-2015, 10:35 PM
Legendary Member

Default A Strange Tale - Part 1

Today has been weird. First of all, under the letterbox, I find a strange letter, postmarked Hong Kong, with Chinese writing and strange symbols written under the Tower's address.

Inside was a sheet with more Chinese writing (a bit smudged) and below that were some very strange symbols.

I didn't have time to deal with it this morning so I left it to the Teddy Babes to investigate. I gave them a laptop, the one that has paypal blocked. (Been there, done that, .....they bought the tee shirt(s).)

Anyhoo, long story short, I'd forgotten all about it at work but when I got home I was met by a grinning Coral.

The bizarre conversation went something like this:

We've sussed it. She said, waving the envelope towards me.

Oh! I asked, while making a cup of tea and feigning disinterest.

It was really difficult, we had to get help.

Really? I sipped my tea while looking for a digestive or two, ....none, ....damn it looks like Krystal found my secret biccie stash.

Yeh, the top bit is Chinese and says they are sending us a tent, which we have to look after.

Say what, ....a tent, ....in the middle of Winter?

Yep and it's not just any tent, it's a Native American one.

Ehhhh????

MmmHmm, this line here translates as "Care and Use of your Native American Tent ...." and then we can't decipher the last bit as it's smudged. It took us all day to get this far.

Err, are you sure, how did you translate this Coral?

It was tough, we had to use the translator built in to Gargoyle.

Gargoyle?????

.......Oh you mean Google?

NO, Gargoyle, Silly, we had to use Vicalyn's Vampire PC, it has access to the Night Web and can operate and translate things that no mere 'muggle' (Coral loves Harry Potter) computer could work with. Vicalyn thinks the bottom symbols are magic.
She and Suki are down in the dungeon checking them out right now,
she added in a whisper, nodding her long blonde curls.

So let me get this straight, ...it's daylight, and Vicalyn is awake, ...you have spent the entire day using her weirdo computer to translate a letter from Hong Kong, ...I'm to expect delivery of a tent, ...and a vampire and a mermaid are down in the dungeon using a program called 'Gargoyle' to translate 'magic' writing from China??

Yes, that's right, she nodded, smiling again.

See I told you it was a weird day, even for the Tower this constitutes 'Strange'.

I think I'll have a stiff whisky,

........now where did I leave the Grouse Bottle???

MANDY........!!

To be continued

CT