View Single Post
Old 27-03-2018, 02:33 PM

I couldn't agree more with Karrot. As a programmer (albeit, not an advanced AI programmer, but a programmer never the less) I find it hard to believe that true artificial intelligence will ever exist. We just create further complicated programs to simulate what a real person might do or think. The pseudo code Karrot listed is exactly what it'd be like.

However I DO want us to get to that point with these love robots the video posted by Paul at Cloud Climax is a step in the right direction. It excites me, the idea of a doll that moves and speaks and reacts. But of course, the point of a doll is that they can be whatever we want them to be. I'd want the hardware set up so that we can all program how we want them to act, in our own personal preference. I don't want a self aware doll, I want to be able to program my doll to say hi to me when I come home from work and cuddle me in my bed.

I think I'm rambling now but I'm sure my point has been made.

I don't want artificial intelligence, but artificial companionship? That's something I'd enjoy. Also if you can program her to talk about whatever you want or do whatever you want, it could make for some very interesting shenanigans...

Anyway, thanks for the update Paul! Keep them coming!