View Single Post
Old 17-07-2023, 10:19 AM
Bronze Member

I wholeheartedly second the above ! Any USA supplier will almost certainly be drop shipping from Asia.- I have bought various tools and equipment from Asia. The price you pay to the supplier is usually quoted as "FOB" (Free On Board) which sounds good but in reality means you are responsible for all costs once the ship docks in UK. Typically as a rough guide the FOB price is about 30% of the price of a European supplier but by the time your prized item has arrived on your doorstep the actual cost is around 60% of a European alternative. Factor in all the paperwork, a potential quality or warrantee / guarantee issue and the price is fast approaching a figure where there is no advantage. all this is without the potential problems with dolls/Border Force etc!

Having learnt the above the hard way I decided never to import a doll so I have bought a few from Lucid where the value for money ratio is virtually unbeatable- OK you don't get bespoke options as such.... Aside from the usual DPD / delivery hiccup they have been fine. As I get more interested and looking at more custom options I think my next one will most likely be from the Doll House or if not will be the other two UK suppliers.