Thread: Hello!
View Single Post
Old 19-07-2023, 08:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jock001 View Post
Suggest you find a regular poster in your geographic area and PM them to ask if you can visit and try a lift. Better than spending circa £500-£1000 on something that ends in "for sale" column a week later.
Hi Jock,

I don't think that there are many of us so accomodating to open our doors to strangers. Only four long standing members have ever set foot in the Shire home for wayward Elves (Psion, Adam, Lulu and Samurai).

Some others such as your good self would be welcome if the opportunity arose but its never going to be an open door policy.

The key is that the people that you invite along would never dream to try and lift one of your girls. Its just not the done thing. But thats exactly what a newbie needs. To touch, to prod, to lift, to look at bits that my girls would never dream of showing anyone.

Its not that I'm mean to newbies. I think that I offer more support than many. Its just that I am VERY! protective over my girls

Maybe a better approach might be for newbies to go to B&Q and try to lift 4 10kg bags of sand at the same time.... And then pour oil over them and try to carry them upstairs