View Single Post
Old 24-03-2024, 03:12 PM
Active New Member

Arachne's First Birthday Adventure
Part 2

Arachne slowly lifted her head from the cake in a sticky mess and looked at me. Her silence was stunning, her shock overwriting her rage.

She reached up and wiped the icing away from her eyes, still seemingly calm.

Her obedient pet Rhyl floated up from behind her as she started to get up. Then she finally spoke. “Rhyl, inbau ukta.”

I didn’t have to speak drow to know what was coming next Rhyl floated up to the ceiling and came at me, blasting me with one of his eye beams.

“Wait! Please!” I begged as the small aberration’s spell turned my legs to jelly and I collapsed to the floor.

While Rhyl subdued me, Arachne slid her hand up her thigh to reveal the blade beneath. She pulled it from its sheath.

Now her rage was able to overcome the shock. “Dos hawrest jaluk! Lu'oh kuuv dos mordivvin uns'aa saph nindol! Usstan xun naut zhaun vel'bol nibele dos ph'jivvust a jhal ol zhah uss nindel dos orn noa!” As she spoke she got up and launched herself at me, leading with the blade in her hand.

“AAAAAAAH! Arachne, please -ow- listen!” I begged as I tried to defend myself.

By now Veyronna had already made her exit, her work here done. With all of the commotion upstairs the rest of the Clan was already coming out to investigate.

“Veyronna? What is going on up there?” asked Saffee.

“I used the purple wand. I could not bear to watch,” she explained.

“Wow! What did you make him do?” asked Glissa in awe of the will worker’s result.

“Apparently today is the anniversary of the drow’s arrival into this realm and the human was trying to celebrate. I implanted the suggestion for him to humiliate her by shoving her face into the cake. I also added a little something extra. I granted him strength, perhaps enough to fight back and win, but it doesn’t sound like I gave him enough… I believe it would be best for us to discover the aftermath of this fight later instead of getting involved. They might find unity and both turn against us. With the human’s buffed strength and an already angry drow I do not believe the odds would be in our favor,” she explained.

“That seems sensible,” agreed Evey. “Let us return to the depths of the basement in case they bring the fight this way.” In agreement the clan returned to the storage room and closed the door.

They remained ready in case they needed to act but it wasn’t long before the fight ended and the house fell silent. Aneka would later venture out and investigate the outcome...

End

Last edited by algaeholics; 26-03-2024 at 06:17 AM.