View Single Post
Old 11-12-2023, 01:07 PM
Silver Member

Hello Graham

The four dolls listed are within the lower weight group, the OR 156B is, I believe 27.5kgs, the Irontech 155 is 30kgs - circa 2kgs for the head = 28kgs.

Regarding the mixing of different manufacturers for heads and bodies, Elina was a 'direct from factory' (in China) purchase, skin tone Natural. Later I purchased a second head, an OR (Oriental Rose, part of Jinsan) 'Rose' this too was in Natural. Here is the introduction of Rosina to the forum. Can you tell they are from totally different manufacturers? It runs for two pages both with photographs.

The only issue that I am aware of is when you order a coloured skin tone, like tan for example, as different manufactures have their own versions. These slight differences can be overcome with items like chokers, scarves, polo necked sweaters, etc., etc.

Also, in my case my skin is different colours, my hands, lower arms, face and neck are usually brown (due to being in the sunlight), the rest of my body is pale due to being covered almost all the time.

Finally, it was the morning of my 65 birthday, I had officially retired. I woke relieved that I didn't have to rush about like a 'blue arsed fly with diarrhoea' to get ready to go work. As I turned over and saw the empty pillow beside me, my next thought was 'that needs filling!' So began the search for a doll. My first choice was a Realdoll 'Rebecca' priced in 2019 at $2500.00 quite acceptable I thought, then I discovered that only got her to the front door, sales tax had to be added, then the transport to the airport, air fare, customs and the journey to my home, it was rapidly approaching 10+ grand. Far too expensive for someone with a life expectancy of about twenty years. I went online to China and that's where I found my Elina at a fraction of that cost. If I had purchased soon after I had lost my wife, some twenty years prior then Rebecca may well be living with me now. I didn't, Rebecca isn't and eventually I met Elina who is.

All the best in your search.

Kind regards.

SJL