View Single Post
Old 23-06-2020, 12:10 AM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamus View Post
Are you certain that's a new page? It's got all the old photos on, and the "buy it here" link doesn't lead to anything that talks about pre-ordering.

It was my understanding too that the production shutdown last November was due to factory relocation and that it would start up again once this was complete. But I can't find anything anywhere else about that actually having happened.

I have an ex-lite and she's very disappointing as a sex doll. Basically she isn't one in her original form. The foam is far too brittle and mine's disintegrated on our first night. The skeleton is strong and lightweight but the leg and head connections are unreliable in that (a) they pop off at the slightest provocation when you don't want them to and (b) when you DO want them to you have to get in there with a sledgehammer and power tools before the damn things will budge. I've got the hang of it now but it still needs a big screwdriver and the correct leverage.

Also a very significant problem is in the design of the pelvis. Where other dolls have a U-section connecting the spine to both legs, which leaves space for a fairly accurate vag position, Ex-Lite has a horizontal plate directly between the hip joints. Which means the vag position has to be severely compromised and basically runs up the top surface of her tummy. And her legs can't be opened wide enough to get in there if you're in mish or girl on top, without destroying the foam.

So it'll be interesting to see some reviews if and when production finally does restart. I'm doubtful they'll bother because R&D is expensive and they're going to have to price her low because of extremely poor past performance. I can't see them making many sales at the £750+ mark with the likes of Kimber around and other far more usable dolls around the same price point.

**IF** they redesign the pelvis, put the vag where it's meant to be and make her actually usable as a sex doll which means a new blend of foam that doesn't disintegrate the moment you touch it then there could be some hope.

They might even be better to ditch the sex function altogether and just sell her as a photographic mannequin.