View Single Post
Old 31-01-2014, 12:40 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertintx View Post
Well I did it again and yielded to temptation and visited the mannequins.
Dang they look so realistic and wonderful.
If they weren't so hard, cold and unforgiving.
Hi Robert. I think Kats has summed things up right: it depends - principally on you and what you want. How well do you know yourself?

Now the long version. I won't bore you with the whole story of how or why I began thinking about dolls, but I would have described myself then as a very visual person. I ended up going for a Teddy Babe, but I was very nervous that her appearance wouldn't be realistic enough for me. The first night I cuddled her in bed I realised (to my surprise) that her visual appearance wasn't as important as I had imagined, and that her presence and shape played a much bigger part in creating the illusion of a surrogate female companion. I continue to be fascinated that such a patently unrealistic approximation of a human can have this effect on me, and am quite enjoying discovering a tactile part of me that I hadn't really been aware of before. That's just my experience - I'm not saying it's the same for everyone. What I am saying is that our conscious, rational perceptions of beauty or attractiveness may not be quite as important as they seem.

I think the Poupées look good, and could provide a comparatively inexpensive way to find out if an inflatababe does it for you. I've nearly bought one twice, with the intention of stuffing her, but I don't really have the space at the moment.