View Single Post
Old 26-03-2024, 02:36 AM
Bronze Member

Birthday Aftermath
Part 2

Several days had passed and the Clan was discussing what they knew.

“No one has seen him? Not at all?” Confirmed Evey.

Everyone shook their heads.

“So, Aneka was the last to see him?”

“It appears that way. After the fight ended I saw him slumped on the floor in the kitchen, blood everywhere, and the drow's footprints headed up stairs. It sounded like she was in the shower at that time. I reported back, and we decided it was best to lay low for awhile,” confirmed Aneka.

“We heard some noises later, and then when we emerged for some more scouting we saw the cat working on cleaning up the mess,” recalled Veyronna.

“Then it must have been her who got rid of the body if the drow has her doing her dirty work now,” deduced Aldrea.

Glissa shook her head. “Not a chance. I have fought her. She is a skilled fighter, but she is not that strong.”

“Based on our observations, the drow would not have gone to the effort of cleaning herself up only to drag around a bloody body. She would have done that first, then gone to clean up. I believe she never intended to move him herself, she always intended to get Bastet to do it,” concluded Saffee.

“What about her pet? How much is known about his abilities? Perhaps he was able to do something? Levitate him, disintegrate him, perhaps?” asked Evey.

The elves considered this, but not a lot of information was known to them. They’d seen rays that made them more clumsy and chilling frost rays, but that was about it. His teeth looked nasty too, but he never got close enough to use them, far more content to float up out of reach and blast away at his foes below. Because it was hard for most of the clan to fight back without a ranged weapon, they largely tried to avoid the tiny aberration.

“To be fair, the whole goal was to reduce the drow’s allies,” pointed out Aneka. “Whatever his fate, the human hasn’t been seen in the house for days. He’s gone. What we need to do now is capitalize on this and see what else we can accomplish. He was her biggest ally, both figuratively and literally. Her pet might be powerful but he’s not intelligent. The cat is our size. We could take her on. The drow, well, we know how that goes.” She glanced at Aldrea.

“Don’t forget her spiders,” reminded Saffee. This comment brought about some chuckles from the others. Saffee just shook her head and let herself be the butt of that joke.

((End Part 2/3))

Follow us on Twitter!

Say hi in her main thread Here.