View Single Post
Old 17-01-2015, 12:11 PM
Silver Member

Cheers SingleDutch,

I might ask Oleg about the nut inside the doll and whether its worth trying to bend it back down, I think its ok as it is and if there's a chance it might cause damage trying it I'll probably just leave it as it is.

The hanging ring thread I've just fixed using oxyacetylene, a nut on the thread and a pair of mole grips on the nut with the ring in a vice and its now straight again.

There was one other problem with Natasha's head that I fixed earlier this week.

The head is secured to the neck stem via a machine screw at the back of the head, the machine screw is reliant on the thread at the centre of the head which is a plastic tube. At first try I notice that the screw didn't tighten to the neck stem, the screw just kept turning so obviously the thread in the plastic tube must be stripped.

It was an easy fix, I wrapped teflon tape (plumbers tape) around the screw thread. Then mixed some epoxy and dribbled it inside the female thread of the plastic tubing, screwed the machine screw back in and wiped off any excess. Let it dry and then remove the screw, this is reason for the teflon tape. . wouldn't be able to remove it otherwise. It did the trick and repaired the stripped plastic thread, now the screw can tighten sufficiently to the neck stem.