View Single Post
Old 22-02-2021, 05:58 PM
Silver Member

Default Broken or damaged wrists; are we responsible?

I have put this in the Fashion section because it concerns clothes and getting them on.

I noticed a few days ago Elinas’ left wrist looked somewhat odd, it was floppy and appeared elongated. I investigated, feeling where her skeleton ends the ‘wires*’ of her wrist felt broken, or at least I could feel the ends of one or two of them just beyond where her wrist should be. I was puzzled, she doesn’t use her left hand that much-being a right handed girl. I looked at and felt her right wrist, this looked and felt fine. What was going on, and what had caused it? I pondered this for a few days.

Yesterday I believed I had found the answer. It was me, I had caused it! I’ll explain. When she’s just lounging around the house she normally wears one of her jogging/track suits, they have elasticated wrist bands. I put my left hand/arm into the right sleeve, hold her hand in mine and push/pull the sleeve down with my right hand. Then I put my right hand/arm into the left sleeve, hold her hand in mine and pull/push the sleeve down with my left, or rather that’s what I thought I did. Actually I found that wasn’t the case, I was pulling her hand and arm through the sleeve with my right hand while I was pushing the sleeve down with my left.

This problem exists not only with jogging/track suits, think of sweat shirts and knitwear, in fact anything with an elasticated/woven/knitted wrist band. Indeed even her rather large (small size) polyester (satin) pyjama top is quite a challenge!

I am currently thinking along the lines of a plastic tube (think a round washing-up liquid bottle) placed over her hand/arm (almost up to the elbow) then put into the sleeve. The sleeve is pushed up the tube, then removed exposing the hand/arm with the sleeve part way up her arm.

If anyone has any other remedies or suggestions I’d like to hear them.

Regards

S.

* Elina does not have wires for her wrists. Five small diameter springs extend from a short ‘squashed’ tube at the end of her arm and continue into her palm where her finger wires are inserted into the ends.

One of the wrist springs exposed through a finger poke hole in her palm.
Her finger wires are about the same diameter as a paperclip.