View Single Post
Old 22-12-2023, 11:31 PM
Silver Member

Sadly the Production Company never got back to Lynne after that pilot episode. However she does still dabble in a spot of baking every so often.

The other day I came home to the smell of something good in the kitchen. Lynne had just finished baking cinnamon buns:

"Okay, I cheated - I bought the pastry ready made, I mean who can be bothered going to all that hassle! Anyway, I'm going to make something else from scratch as it's a little easier... parkin! Let's take a look at the ingredients - fetch them for me, will you? I need flour, eggs, oatmeal, sugar, treacle, golden syrup, ginger, coffee..."

I was a little confused. Coffee in parkin?

"No, you idiot, that's for me to drink, I'm parched"

I fetched the ingredients, and kept Lynne suitably caffeinated. Meanwhile she had started melting the butter, sugar and syrup in a pan until it was all liquid. The eggs were whisked (the coffee meant they were just about leaping from the container as she worked! Then she needed to put the flour, eggs and spices into the pan and give it a good mix up:

Once done, it all went into a lined cake tin, and ready for the oven:

I was then given my orders to tidy up her mess and do the washing up while she sat and chilled for half an hour. Of course, I did as I was told. I was just surprised (and maybe a little disappointed ) that she had kept her clothes on this time!

The timer pinged, and the parkin was ready to get out of the oven. She was quite pleased with the results, and I was too - very tasty!

Companion of the lovely Lyngheiður Tórsdóttir a.k.a Lynne - A WM153 #85 - go and say hello on Instagram!